Strange Plane

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
according to a friend of mine, they are spraying the clouds to 'fix' the weather, so if it wasn't for them bastards spraying the clouds, it wouldn't be so cold now!

Rezillo

TwoSheds
Scrap that it looks like it's a Dominie. Although the RAF retired them last year.

Looking at the tail in the first shot and then at possible alternatives to Dominie in Wikipedia, it could be a Dassault Falcon 20. Now to find out whose!

[edit] Assuming it is an airforce because of the underwing payload on the orange and black one, I can't find it. Might have been a special paint job or for a film.

Dassault%20Falcon%2020D%20G-FRAR%20PIK%20260510.jpg

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I'll look again later.

D

Deleted member 23692

It's operated by FR Aviation, and seems to be doing work for Cobham who make all sorts of aviation gear and gizmos. Google G-FRAR for more gen

230968.jpg

JWECS is NATO's Joint Electronic Warfare Core Staff.

All very interesting stuff :smile:

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
The AWACS are based at RAF Waddington near Lincoln,the RAF operate a fleet and are also getting another old converted Boeing to replace our already scrapped Nimrods :cursing:
The strange blue aircraft is a Dassault Falcon.....French built which is part of a fleet of Falcons operated out of Bournmouth

Arch

Married to Night Train
[QUOTE 2180232, member: 9609"]We get these strange things, they arrive an fly round and round in circles for many many hours at a time .The circles are colossal, may be 30 mile diameter. In the picture you can see the previous contrails that the wind has drifted away, the route of the plane never varies, same circle time after time week after week. Does anyone know exactly what it's doing?
roundContrails_zpsa3b3bda9.jpg

strangePlane_zps0a9bec3e.jpg
[/quote]

Ooh, that's interesting. We saw similar over York yesterday - never seen it before (and I do often look at the sky and see contrails, so I'm a noticing sort of person). We assumed it was civilian airliners, and wondered why they were looping yesterday when we'd never seen it before.

Maybe it was AWACS - but the only plane we actually saw was far too high to see any detail.

(And one of my colleagues fully believes in chemtrails... :rolleyes:)

Rezillo

TwoSheds
It's operated by FR Aviation, and seems to be doing work for Cobham who make all sorts of aviation gear and gizmos. Google G-FRAR for more gen

JWECS is NATO's Joint Electronic Warfare Core Staff.

All very interesting stuff :smile:

Thanks - I just picked out a pic of G-FRAR because it seemed to establish the type of plane I snapped. The orange and black one I actually saw (on page 1) seems to be carrying similar gear but I haven't found out who operates it. I was assuming it would be military but given your info, it could be anyone! Pretty cool livery, even in fuzzyvision.

Top Bottom