Strange question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
why do so many pigeons in London have only one foot? Once I noticed this phenomenon today I started keeping a note, and I reckon a good third of them needed wheelchairs.

What causes so many missing pigeon feet?

Also there are so so many pigeons, it's unreal. They don't live long, so why isn't London knee deep in pigeon cadavers? Where do the stiffs go?

Trust me, there's a lot going on with pigeons that we don't know about.
They are all wannabee pirates. No decent pirate ever had 2 legs.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
why do so many pigeons in London have only one foot? Once I noticed this phenomenon today I started keeping a note, and I reckon a good third of them needed wheelchairs.

What causes so many missing pigeon feet?

Also there are so so many pigeons, it's unreal. They don't live long, so why isn't London knee deep in pigeon cadavers? Where do the stiffs go?

Trust me, there's a lot going on with pigeons that we don't know about.
Perhaps the residents of Neverwhere regard pigeon feet as delicacies ? :crazy:

Chromatic

Legendary Member
I was in Kings Square in Gloucester a couple of days ago and there were lots of pigeons, about 80 I estimated, mooching around on the ground trying to find something to eat, I thought of this thread so decided to stop and have a look at their feet, they all had two fully functioning undamaged feet. So either we don't have our hair done around here or our pigeons are super-pigeons

classic33

Leg End Member
I was in Kings Square in Gloucester a couple of days ago and there were lots of pigeons, about 80 I estimated, mooching around on the ground trying to find something to eat, I thought of this thread so decided to stop and have a look at their feet, they all had two fully functioning undamaged feet. So either we don't have our hair done around here or our pigeons are super-pigeons
Or there's fewer hairdressers/barbers or those that are there are better at keeping what they've cut inside.

Top Bottom