Strange request.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Does anyone know if you look at someones Facebook page ,do they know you have visited.

No they don't

FishFright

More wheels than sense
No and there used to be a bit of nasty malware in an app that pretended it could do just that.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Does anyone know if you look at someones Facebook page ,do they know you have visited.

Also, look at your FB and see if you can check who's been looking at your profile. If you can't do it then neither can anyone else. There was a "chain mail" going around a few years back that said "copy and paste this to your status and see who's looking at your page" but it was all rubbish just to get more people traffic

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
No, although I think there's some tacit link between pages of people you view but are not friends with, and you being recommended to them..

Lozz360

Veteran
I think it is possible to notice if someone has been looking at your FB profile. The only reason I have this opinion is because of the frequent friend suggestions I get featuring people that could not be generated any other way. For instance, I have no connection with these people other than I have known them from the dim and distant past. Other than I know these individuals there is nothing else for FB to link them to me. There are no mutual friends, no common interests and no location matching. So I can only think that these friend suggestions are people that are curious and have been viewing my profile and this triggers a FB algorithm that makes them one of the friend suggestions.

Alex321

Veteran
Also, look at your FB and see if you can check who's been looking at your profile. If you can't do it then neither can anyone else.

That is not necessarily true. In this case, I believe it is, because I don't believe that information is stored anywhere it can be got at by the user.

But on many sites, there are things which the average user cannot do, but somebody reasonably skilled in PHP or python can do.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I think it is possible to notice if someone has been looking at your FB profile..
Not really though, if you know how much data FB collects and how nosey they are. I've had hundreds of friend suggestions for people I've never even met, just becasue we might have friends of friends of friends , I don't think for one minute that they've viewed my profile

Alex321

Veteran
I think it is possible to notice if someone has been looking at your FB profile. The only reason I have this opinion is because of the frequent friend suggestions I get featuring people that could not be generated any other way. For instance, I have no connection with these people other than I have known them from the dim and distant past. Other than I know these individuals there is nothing else for FB to link them to me. There are no mutual friends, no common interests and no location matching. So I can only think that these friend suggestions are people that are curious and have been viewing my profile and this triggers a FB algorithm that makes them one of the friend suggestions.

Facebook themselves can certainly track it. But I don't think the information is stored anywhere users can get at it.

Lozz360

Veteran
Facebook themselves can certainly track it. But I don't think the information is stored anywhere users can get at it.

I don't believe the information is stored. I just wondered why I get friend suggestions regarding people I have apparently no connections with, other than I knew them from a long time ago pre FB. @Electric_Andy makes a good point though. It could just be that the friend suggestions are loosely linked to me (friend of a friend of a friend...) and the person hasn't actually viewed my profile at all. It doesn't help with my paranoia though!

Top Bottom