Strange things you see in hedgerows

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I found this in the hedge of my driveway one day...

Drago

Legendary Member
Discarded condoms, dead bodies, a safe with the doorm blown off. Over the years I have found all these things in hedgerows.

figbat

Slippery scientist
Not me but my father makes a twice daily walk from his house to the small piece of land he tends - about half a mile and including a rural stretch of single-lane road that passes a football club that is also used as a social club. From memory in the hedges he's found:

- dozens of empty pint glasses
- mobile phones
- a small, accurate weighing scale
- cash
- small packets of indeterminate substances
- shoes and other clothing.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Not me but my father makes a twice daily walk from his house to the small piece of land he tends - about half a mile and including a rural stretch of single-lane road that passes a football club that is also used as a social club. From memory in the hedges he's found:

- mobile phones
- cash
Sounds like a 'small time dealer' had been using it as a stash/selling pitch (other than the clothing)

D

Deleted member 26715

Well if you have lost them you should know if they are yours then

Stopped to pick some litter. Someone had thrown some Stella cans in the grass. Particularly litter free road. Turns out they were 4 full cans still attached to the plastic. Don't do lager so gave them someone in pub. Why can't people litter full bottles of cider....Not magners or bulmers

- mobile phones
- cash

I always stop and go through any fly typing, then ring council but only when I have had what I want. Some good stuff fly tipped.
Had 2 brewing buckets (grow spuds in)
Sink type plastic pipe use it as anchor for blue mains water pipe when creating a hoop to cover with insect netting.
And always after some firewood although that's not normally fly tipped. It's just sort of fallen.....into my bike trailer!!

This is one is the product of last years massive increase in fungi. Very dry summer hardly any decent fungi. Then we had the rain. Going to go with a quadruple year at least. Mushrooms in places I had never seen them before. In the places they normally are far more than normal. And this

Red stainer/blushing wood mushroom. Found in conifer or mixed woodland. I found them by hedge no trees of any sort around. about six or seven of them. Generally find them singlely in woods. Contacted expert. He couldn't think of what else it could be. Wouldn't give me definite on it unless he put the spores under microscope attached to a computer to check the colour and measure the spores. He said the kit would cost me about £250. Not that hungary!

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Stopped to pick some litter. Someone had thrown some Stella cans in the grass. Particularly litter free road. Turns out they were 4 full cans still attached to the plastic. Don't do lager so gave them someone in pub. Why can't people litter full bottles of cider....Not magners or bulmers

I too once found a some unopened cans of lager in a hedge.

Top Bottom