Strangest cyclist you've ever seen?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brains

Legendary Member
Recumbents: I have 3 odd regulars:

One is a guy on a very long recumbent with a kids trainer recumbent on the back, regularly seen on the school run hitting 30mph+ through the city

Another is a large black guy, rasta, red/gold/green strip with a massive sound system on the back. Only plays Reggie as ear bursting volume

And finally a face I'm sure many cyclists in London have seen over the years, as he is on every cycle event going from CM onwards, and he has a cross between a recumbent and a fourposter bed with dinosaur bones that go up and down with the pedals

hubgearfreak

Über Member
Ben Lovejoy said:
That was probably me. I had one to deliver to a friend, and that was the easiest way to carry it. :-)

i understand. if i had to deliver a brompton, then it'd be either in the car, or by concealing my identity:tongue:;)

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
When I first moved to London, I had the misfortune to reside in Brixton. There used to be Rasta, who had also 'Rasta'ed' his bike, it was festooned with Jamaican flags, pictures of Heile Selaise (sp) and a 'ghetto blaster' on the back. He always rode on the pavements too. Not sure if he is still around though.

MrPaul one of my cycling mates knows the rasta courier in Brum - apparently an amazing rider and I used to see him on a 'bent about the place all the time when I lived there. Years ago I used to know pete the feet in moseley too.

Leicestershire has a phantom naked cycling guy, seen around the lanes east of lutterworth sporting nothing but a helmet (arf arf) and shoes.

Speicher said:
Reminds me that I should try and find the photo of my colleague riding the bicycle propelled radio! :wacko::smile:

That reminds me of powering a live BBC Radio Leicester broadcast back in 2000.
It was at an eco fest and we had to keep pedalling in order to relay the programme back to the studio on the other side of town. And we did.:sad:

Hilldodger said:
Such things happen in south Leicestershire?

Unless I was dreaming or hallucinating...yes they do! It's all happening here you know!

sticky sherbert

Will1985 said:
Surely you mean the tramp who lived on the ring road? He died last year.

No, although he was another of the strange sights of Wolverhampton we took the tourists to see, he died a rich man by all accounts.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Uncle Phil said:
I guess to them, I'm the strangest cyclist they've ever seen.

Two years ago, there was a girl riding an ancient recumbent trike - bright orange fibreglass seat, and black frame, through France, with a small stuffed tiger (wearing hivis and helmet) looking out of the rack bag.. That must has amused a few folk.

This year, I left the tiger behind...

buddha

Veteran
Okay, I'm about to take the metal, springy bit of an old mattress to the tip/recycling centre - on my bike (rolled up into a big, fat cylinder of course). I'm gonna get some strange looks and comments on the way:blush::biggrin:

Top Bottom