Strangest Kit you ever cycled in.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
My father was a cyclist all his life but never for fun or sport purely as transport.

He was a bee keeper and would cycle the mile or so to where his hives were with all his tools and protective clothing in panniers.

After working on the hives he would cycle home but several of the bees would follow him back so he would cycle through the village in his white bee suit complete with wide brim hat under a face veil.It was such a normal sight for us that it didnt seem unusual, I wish now I had a photo of him cycling like that but dont.

He passed on recently, riding his bike in bee kit is one of the ways I like to remember him.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Summer kit in snow conditions? I do it at least once a year. Its amazing how you dont actually feel the cold as much as you should. Just remember to have a nice hot bath when you get home.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Zero kit :smile:

Dave 123

Legendary Member
The cambridge based cyclists ought to keep an eye out for me in the silver street area as I cycle up and down with a stihl leaf blower strapped to my back.
The long black blower nozzle is velcro'd to the body of the machine in transit, so it sticks vertically into the air.
I/it often turns heads and the head turn can be accompanied by a call of "ghostbusters!".

Top Bottom