Strava and IPhone 5s

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

damocool

Hi

Went for my first ride tonight and struggled with what looks like bad GPS with the Strava app on my phone. Any ideas if settings on the phone will make a difference or simply is the phone better out my pocket?

Was a bit disappointed when I got back feeling sick with jelly legs to see my route hadn't recorded correctly!!

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 29

raleighnut

Legendary Member
GPS affected by Solar flares? on news the other day.

uclown2002

Guru
Hi

Went for my first ride tonight and struggled with what looks like bad GPS with the Strava app on my phone. Any ideas if settings on the phone will make a difference or simply is the phone better out my pocket?

Was a bit disappointed when I got back feeling sick with jelly legs to see my route hadn't recorded correctly!!

Thanks

Keep your phone in your pocket and get yourself a Garmin Edge. :thumbsup:

NorvernRob

I use my 4s all the time (a Garmin too but use both as I only have iPads) and apart from the elevation data being approx 20% less than it should be it reads the same as the Garmin everytime. It may be the phone.

OP
OP
damocool

damocool

I use my 4s all the time (a Garmin too but use both as I only have iPads) and apart from the elevation data being approx 20% less than it should be it reads the same as the Garmin everytime. It may be the phone.

I had my phone in the bag under my seat, wondering if it will be better strapped to my arm?

U

User6179

I had my phone in the bag under my seat, wondering if it will be better strapped to my arm?

My Android works fine in bag under the seat , you could try downloading GPX status app and running that .

MisterStan

Label Required
Make sure that WiFi is switched off and that before you leave the signal is OK.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
My 5s just goes in my back pocket and runs Strava with no problem. I never bother change any settings like turning wifi off etc

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The phones are not as accurate as a Garmin device. We have some weird Strava segments made on phones near me as the signal jumps all over the show. They aren't as accurate as I did a ride using the app vs the Garmin and the Garmin won hands down.

You just have to accept the limitations.

Cold

When I had a problem with Strava I deleted it from the phone then downloaded it again and it's been fine since.
You can also contact Strava and they can sometimes sort out the straight line problem.

Top Bottom