Strava e-bike calories (nonsense?)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

G3CWI

Veteran
Just did an experiment and Strava stated the same number of calories for a "Ride" or an "e-bike ride". Obviously both will be wrong to some extent but one must be more wrong than the other! I cant see how it can ever calculate the calories for an e-bike ride without having a lot more data.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
The ebike option is apparently only to stop you inadvertently* cheating on segment leader boards - you don't appear with normal bikes. Nowt to do with the calorie function.

*of course you can deliberately cheat by not designating it as ebike if you want.

The ebike option is apparently only to stop you inadvertently* cheating on segment leader boards - you don't appear with normal bikes. Nowt to do with the calorie function.

*of course you can deliberately cheat by not designating it as ebike if you want.

That would make sense - I would feel bad if I appeared above people on normal bikes when I was on an ebike - so it is good to have an option to separate the 2 types of bike - for the honest people anyway - dishonest people could cheat in other ways anyway

Top Bottom