Strava segment names

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I think a couple of the TdF riders last year may have had to use it.

BTW, if anyone knows of any footage of the 2014 TdF going down Mortimer Road, I'd be interested to see it. I don't think it was shown on the telly, possibly because Holme Moss had already split the field.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I hate the stupid names, unless they're funny. One that appears on almost every ride I do, as it's right near my home, is called Hard Dogging. It has something to do with the street name, but nowt to do with Miss Goodbody.
There's another called Smells Like Chips in the middle of nowhere, and it doesn't smell like chips at all.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
"Bring out your dead" - past Gronnant Cem. in North Wales I'm in top 10..

Also one is named something like the 'Brothel Dash' on Royal Green Road in Northenden (@potsy might be able to help - been a while since I visited :tongue:).

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Knocking Shop Dash?

No, never heard of it :whistle:

I did only ever once see two girls that looked 'out of place' on that road, despite daily ... ahem... commutes. Two stunning girls got out of a taxi dressed in very tight, very short dresses, at 8am. 8pm maybe on a night out ? Deffo dodgy !!

Postmanhat

Little F*cker

Won't win any Oscar Wilde awards, but perfectly describes a lot of the sudden, short, sharp climbs round here

Top Bottom