Strava

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Always last

Hello.
Does anyone know how to cancel a strava account when my email address is not there anymore ? I have ended up with 2 and when I cycle on garmin watch it registers it as a run.
Annoying people shoes kind I nicking.
Hope this is the right bit to put this in if not please forgive
Thanks

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats

vickster

Legendary Member
Can’t you change to cycle when you’ve uploaded it? In the activity edit page?
If above doesn’t work, email Strava help desk, they’re quite helpful

OP
OP
A

Always last

Thank You .
I cant get into the account as have forgotten password and email address no longer exists. I also have another account linked to the garmin watch Its a Garmin 25 watch I have and you have to change to cycle after uploading it .
The Strava account I can access will change no probs after I change it on Garmin but the one i cant get into just remains as a run.
I'm upsetting a lot of people I think . Not that I'm mega bothered but its only right I try and sort it .
Im struggling to find an email address for Strava it seems you have to go through a lot of stuff and Im not really good at this type of thing .
Ah Ha !! Just found it ...wil emeil them ...Thank you .

Mike_P

Guru
A general solution to avoid inadvertently nicking someone's record is to set your records to upload as private and then make them public if you wish after correcting the activity.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Break the link to the old Strava account at the Garmin end. Since you won’t need your Strava account password to do that.

OP
OP
A

Always last

Will try that not sure how but will look at it .
Got in contact with strava and i had to provide proof who I was etc and sent it all through but have heard no more back from them .
Thanks

OP
OP
A

Always last

Just an update .
Strava would not delete account unless i got a Goverment I D Number .
Just gave up.
Im not technical minded and its taken me about 6 attempts to set up another account that links both strava and garmin.
If my Kids still stayed with me im sure there would have been no problem ..;-)
Thanks for your help.

Chislenko

Veteran
Breaking the Garmin link would appear to be the way to do it as suggested up thread.

There is a guy local to me who records every activity twice, I presume on a computer and on his phone.

He constantly shows up twice on every segment with the same time. Can't for the life of me see why he wants to do this.

Alex321

Veteran
Breaking the Garmin link would appear to be the way to do it as suggested up thread.

There is a guy local to me who records every activity twice, I presume on a computer and on his phone.

He constantly shows up twice on every segment with the same time. Can't for the life of me see why he wants to do this.
Possibly he hasn't yet worked out how to stop it. Mine did it the first couple of times after I got my new computer, had to delete one manually.

Or maybe he just wants to cheat.

If your just using the Garmin Edge 25 for the heart rate, did you know you can broadcast it in ANT+ to a device? I cast mine to a Edge 810 and then simply save the route on the edge 810.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I too have a friend who does this. I think it's once from her watch, once from GPS. (When she uploads runs, they appear only once)

Why does she want to do it? I doubt she does, she probably just hasn't figured out how to stop it, and/or doesn't see it as a problem.
Given that you have to actually hit run on your Garmin, and presumably start a run on the Strava app on the phone too, I presume she knows it's happening. Maybe just wants a back up in case one fails, but you would think she would delete one.

Top Bottom