Stray cat etiquette

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Oddly, there seems to be much less aggression between males than between females and anything else at all. Females seem to be very territorial. We have a brother (ginger) and sister (stripey tabbyish sort of thing) who get on OK apart from the odd bit of paw-swiping. The ginger one sometimes invites his stupid male mate from across the way round for sunbathing and a bit of rough mousing or rabbitting. She doesn't approve.
The ginger one is no wussy pussy. He sees off the little vixen that comes for scraps. (of food - not fights!)

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Like Saluki says he could come from miles away, I'd just keep feeding him unless what happened to a white Tom happens to him. We had an "odd eyed white" that used to come in our cat-flap and scoff the bickies, quite friendly with us but one day he turned up very battered so we took him to the vets and got him stitched up and asked the vet while she was at that to remove the "family Jewels". He continued to live with us, our 5 cats and 6 stone of German Shepherd for the rest of his natural BUT we had an open cat-flap so he could do whatever he wanted.
As for the RSPCA bunch of callous sanctimonious pr*cks when it comes to their "Re-Homing" policy but they are useful in neglect/cruelty cases (I think its the uniform makes them like that) Independent sanctuaries ( like Red Gate Farm where I worked for a while) do a far better job and care much more.

Agree. RSPCA are OK in their way, but let's remember we are talking about animals. They don't always want things the human way, and that seems to be what the RSPCA insists on.
We live on the edge of a wood and it can be pretty wild here. The cats love it!

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Lazy orange boys!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 23

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Im sure the local sweet and sout shop is in need of fresh meat
View attachment 51573

Only joking i love cats

but i couldnt eat a whole one !^_^
Its not them you need to worry about its old British country folks that you need to watch as apparently "its indistinguishable from rabbit in flavour" and the only way to tell is by the ribs which are flatter in one species THIS IS NOT A JOKE COMMENT, and I don't want any likes for it.
I grew up in a rural location and some of the old uns must have had their vestigial tails removed at birth.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Bit of an odd one. I have a sweet ginger mog who has been hanging around for a month whom

Any other thoughts?

Have you tried searching cat forums?

Assuming your location with your avatar is accurate, you could try here.

GC

Rezillo

TwoSheds
Our cat was once feral - a thin scrap with most of its coat in a shocking state. We couldn't track down an owner and while we don't know for sure, we think it was left abandoned as a kitten when an elderly lady down the road, known for feeding the occasional stray in a barn, died and her house stayed empty for some months.

He was about six months old when we started to leave food for him in our garden. It took three months to tempt him into the house and even then the slightest noise caused him to run away. It was six months before he let us pick him up and then we found what we thought was a she was in fact a he. Over a year later, he's now a normal if slightly quirky house cat.

Our local vets give a big discount for treating and neutering feral cats, btw.

freyr1.jpg

Top Bottom