Streamer fairing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
On a more serious note....

Fairings are brilliant, add versatility to a bike / trike and are available in a range of options. I have a Streamer on the SMGT, A Windwrap on the Catrike, and used a Zzipper on Trice.

However the Hurricane is a problem!

None of the fairings are suitable due to the frame.

Yo need to see over the fairing, and because of the "Low rider" shape all of these fairings had a common problem, if high enough to clear knees and bars, then they were too high and obscured vision.

Windwrap do a good guide over fairing issues, which is transferable to other mkes.

byegad

Legendary Member
I don't overheat in the summer. Cold and drafts affects me far more than most people. I rarely wear less than two layers even in summer. The Streamer does not wrap round so far that you get a greenhouse effect. What it does is keep the main draft of your movement off you. I find I wear a liitle less than I did before I got the fairing. two thin layers instead of one thick and one thin.
In April last year when we had a real heatwave I took the fairing off for some rides. It's one QR to do that.

byegad said:
I don't overheat in the summer. Cold and drafts affects me far more than most people. I rarely wear less than two layers even in summer. The Streamer does not wrap round so far that you get a greenhouse effect. What it does is keep the main draft of your movement off you. I find I wear a liitle less than I did before I got the fairing. two thin layers instead of one thick and one thin.
In April last year when we had a real heatwave I took the fairing off for some rides. It's one QR to do that.

There is also the satisfying sound of a large insect bouncing of the faiting instead of bouncing off you!

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Cunobelin said:
However the Hurricane is a problem!

None of the fairings are suitable due to the frame.

Yo need to see over the fairing, and because of the "Low rider" shape all of these fairings had a common problem, if high enough to clear knees and bars, then they were too high and obscured vision.

Oops, glad I read this bit!!!

Top Bottom