Stress

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Sympathies Speicher.
My mother is the last person I'd have anywhere near me if I was unwell.
Mrs FF though always seems to know what's best...it's never what I think I need though...;)

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Fab Foodie said:
Sympathies Speicher.
My mother is the last person I'd have anywhere near me if I was unwell.
Mrs FF though always seems to know what's best...it's never what I think I need though...;)

If my mother decides to come here and "look after me" I hope she has a nice time, I won't be here. She cannot even cope with looking after a cat. If Leo my cat, is outside, and tapping the door, do we need to consult Einstein as to whether the cat wishes to come in? conversely if he is inside and miaowing at the door, I think that means he wants to go out.
If I am resting quietly, I do not wish to hear the sound of the vacuum cleaner, nor do I wish to give her a lesson on how to use the washing machine. I am lucky and have very good neighbours. In case of urgent need they would, and have, helped me as best they could, as I have done for them.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Speicher said:
Unfortunately I had just left an important message with someone this morning, and thought it was the important person returning my call. I have learnt from that mistake.;)

Ain't that always the way, good thing you weren't in the bath as well then!

I spent Christmas with lovely frieds and the Mother of one of our hosts was there too. Apparently she has done this since he was a child but she feels the need to constantly belittle him, even in company.
The poor bloke is a logistics expert for the UN in places like Rep. of Congo, Lebanon and other world hotspots and yet is the family 'let down' because he doesn't want kids, hasn't settled down with a regular job, is in his 40's, etc. all sooooooo unlike his younger brother, the bankrupt divorcee!

Who needs to run away to join the circus when theres a freakshow right at home!

T x

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
To get honest is really hard....too much upset for minor things really, but I suppose a little dig here and there doesn't do too much damage.....

To have a go at my mum about doing cleaning at my sisters house (no kids / both out - so how much mess ?) would cause issues - my other sister told me but said don't say anything..... FFS have you seen the state of my house sometimes...two young kids...bloody lego.....etc...... two adults out at work should be able to clean a house up....

We don't go round with the kids....... cloths follow them... just not worth the agro.....

Fab Foodie

fossyant said:
To get honest is really hard....too much upset for minor things really, but I suppose a little dig here and there doesn't do too much damage.....

To have a go at my mum about doing cleaning at my sisters house (no kids / both out - so how much mess ?) would cause issues - my other sister told me but said don't say anything..... FFS have you seen the state of my house sometimes...two young kids...bloody lego.....etc...... two adults out at work should be able to clean a house up....

We don't go round with the kids....... cloths follow them... just not worth the agro.....
Well I/(we) fell-out spectacularly with my mother and sister (younger) over New Year. They live close-by in Devon, we live now in Abingdon but have lived all-over since our Uni-days.
Bassically none of them can be arsed to come and see us, my sister has been to visit maybe 3 times in 12 years...she's only 2-3 hours away! My Parents travelled the length of the country to attend dog shows, but rarely ever thought to visit, never came to stay in Sweden, never visited when I was seriously ill.
For years I've not really given a damn, but now my kids are teenagers, I can no longer make excuses for to them for my mothers complete lack of interest in us and the kids and her complete insensitivity when she opens her mouth.
If we didn't make the effort to visit, they'd never see us.
Well a straw broke the Camels back at New-Year and I'm afraid I (and even the very quiet natured Mrs FF) let go with both barrels...
I'm not sure we'll meet again.
My mother has sent me an emailed letter for which a reply in which I should at least explain my anger should be sent, but frankly I'm finding it hard to sit down and write.
I have absolutely nothing in common with my sister and don't even like her as a person, her ex-husband is a diamond and so are their kids, it would be a shame to loose contact with them. My mother re-married an old family friend after my father died and she's so wrapped-up in that and my "poor" sister that I'm not sure I want to attempt to build any bridges.
I'm too old, have my own to take care of and really can't be bothered to waste my time, energy and frustration on my useless family any more.

Somebody here mentioned that they sacked their under performing relatives...It seems a good policy.

Fab Foodie

Speicher said:
Do relatives need advance notice of their dismissal, or is it instant?xx(

Mmmm, good question :blush:

Noodley

marinyork said:
I'm particularly impressed by Noodley's post as I have started a new job a month ago and there is someone off on long term sick (who I'm filling in for) who if gossip is to believed is off on some kind of stress/depression area related issue and though I don't know the guy is constantly having the piss taken out of him by other workers and to a much lesser extent, the boss.

I have not posted on this thread since the "private" tag was removed (some "old" C+ posters will know that I changed my username due to the nature of my job, so I am a bit "precious" re this, and was a bit pissed off that a soapbox thread became "public", but 'hey-ho' as I reckoned it would be of benefit)...

Anyway, an update re me being "supportive" and wanting the best for my team. Seemingly, I am now placing people under "pressure" according to one (maybe two or three ;)) of the team and they are wanting to submit formal complaints. ;) Fair enough, one of those things I suppose...

The other managers were starting to think I was a "soft touch", although I put them straight on this on Friday (they are always thinking about "money" and "results" and "being tough") - they now know I can stand my ground - seeing me "standing my ground" does not require me being angry! I can make a point...

On the plus side, my line manager thinks I am doing great....

Top Bottom