Strexit...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Has he got any KoMs yet?
Shouldn't that be QoMs? :whistle:

gbb

Legendary Member
I'm going to go against the grain. I enjoy using Strava, but I don't go chasing segments on it, I do chase the challenges, though they are pretty easy.

For finding new places to ride it is great. For looking at the rides of people you have come across on your ride it's great.
Seems to me this illustrates the other side...either ride for the challenge, fitness, to push oneself...or ride to enjoy, relax.... and both are alright if thats what suits.
Been there, done both, pushed to my limit then got unsettled at the thought of going for long hard fast rides (in my own humble way)...then sat back and took it easier when it got too much and lost the desire to hammer myself, lost fitness but enjoyed it more.
Either are ok, its what suits at any particular time to any particular individual.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I vote 'remain'. I use Strava to log miles and routes, plus it adds an extra interest when out with friends.
No segment or KOM chasing though.
Honest, officer.. it's for personal use only!

h1udd

Remain !!!! Strava is the best training tool for the morning commute .... So many people ride to work ... Pah, I sprint to work, all my power training is done on my commute, heavy panniers, sprinting segments just to become number 1 for that day or 76th over all ....... My fitness has improved loads since using strava ... By its nature it's progressive overload training

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
It's a great training tool, great for seeing what your friends are up to, great for tracking part usage (so my mate Dave tells me, he tracks every brake pad and tyre). I'm like Scotland, I'm staying even if the rest of you leave.

I too am voting remain. My vice is multi ride mapping where I try to do every road in the neighbourhood each year even though it's completely pointless.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Yes, so have I:blush:

Shall we let the other 30 odd racers that used Strava to stop doing so before the Start of the next race, including the winner?:whistle:

Pre ride briefing. Could all riders remember not to cross the solid white line, marshals won't stop the traffic, the ambulance will follow the last race and most importantly do not upload your ride to Strava or you will be dq'd :laugh:

Pre ride briefing. Could all riders remember not to cross the solid white line, marshals won't stop the traffic, the ambulance will follow the last race and most importantly do not upload your ride to Strava or you will be dq'd :laugh:

You forgot the race smart and look after each bit :smile:

I actually like the flyby part of Strava ..it shows me where I get dropped and go out the back

bondirob

I've got a mate who's constantly chasing segments and trying to beat my times. It spoils his ride, he's admitted as much.
I like Strava but I don't ride constantly for segments, although now and again I'll have a go at one for a bit of fun.

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
It's possible just to ride and use Strava. Sometimes a segment chase mid ride is good to get the juices going if it's not feeling like your day. Other times the kudos is good motivation and sparks conversations between friends. Can also ruin rides where some get too upset about their speed to just ride socially. But my gentleman parts are sufficient enough that I don't mind if I am bottom of a leader board or fifty, so mostly ride solo these days

Top Bottom