Strines ride (just outside Peaks) Sheffield

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redjedi

Über Member
Davywalnuts said:
Wow, I missed a proper good treat and a great pub burger again!! Damn!!!

Really looked awesome! The backdrop scenery is quite amazing!!

Just two questions,

1, Who got the fastest speed down hill and what was it, as those downhills look mentalist!

2, Did I spot mudguards on redJedi's bike?? A Bianchi with mudguards??

Only 35mph for me. The descents weren't really long enough to get up a decent speed, they were either to bumpy or had lot's of blind/tight corners. I think I wore about half the rubber off my brake blocks :biggrin:

Actually I think I got the 35mph on the flatish bit heading back into Sheffield, the bit my bike was made for :biggrin:

As for the mudguard, I did leave the sunny south 3 days before the ride, so had to go prepared for all eventualities.
I meant to take it off before the cameras came out, but in my haste to strip off my jeans in the middle of the street, I completely forgot. :sad:

4F said:
Yeah I spotted that and managed they to get bonj in the same photo as well, 2 for the price of 1 :biggrin:

It may have been the presence of my mudgaurd that put the final nail in coffin...... bunch of amateurs!

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Aperitif said:
Fixed that for you Davy.

I know there's not much weight difference between us, (It's just a height thing...) but I assure you, it was fast enough - unless of course one wants one's wheel to explode on a lunar landscape replica piece of road! :sad:

After finally getting my now fixed Mavic rear wheel back, I proceeded to stupidly over-inflate the inner tube and consequently, almost lost the hearing to my right ear...

Luckily, rim is okay! Am cursed with these wheels I tell thee!

And yes, I have a lower centre of gravity, helps alot! :biggrin:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Aperitif said:
Post #323 scoosh - bonj is making the sign of the cross...:smile:
My apologies - I have committed the cardinal sin of not reading the whole thread :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

He does look like a SERIOUS cyclist ....... :sad:

... as does the guy in red. :smile:

wah748.jpg

Luke making sure that we had enough room to move. All the locals scarpered when he dropped his trousers! :sad:

redjedi

Über Member
scoosh said:
My apologies - I have committed the cardinal sin of not reading the whole thread :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

He does look like a SERIOUS cyclist ....... :sad:

:smile: That would be me. Topcat's camera is much more flattering than Mikeeee's.

... as does the guy in red. :smile:

That would be Bonj.....apparently, trying not to make eye contact with the ***guard.

OP
OP
marinyork

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Glad you all had a good ride. Didn't think the descents were too bad I think I got up to 42mph- said by someone classed as a very poor descender who did them faster (was trying to catch people for the right turn). I deliberately took people down Windy Bank as had we gone another route that has a poorer surface and is much more technical I was worried about people not leaning enough into corners and careering off or leaning too much and collecting into a wall. Shame we had to chop about ten miles off but there was only two other reservoirs. You also missed a couple more very tight bends.

Road surfaces, well... and thanks for the tea towel.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Thank you Marinyork for a great day out even if it was a short ride,
fc8nj6.jpg

well worth the trip.

bonj2

I thought you'd gone?

I to all intents and purposes have. ( still read now and then though to check for stuff about rides, which i hope there will be 'cos i would like to see more of people and them of me, and would like to redeem myself by taking a social ride for what it is, as just that. But that is the main value i see in the forum now.)
There are quite a few rides in 2010 which i would like to either join people on here on, or cajole them into joining me on, anyhow.

yhpm. (or will soon).

mike e

Davywalnuts said:
39mph?? I was doing that following a HGV this morning.. shame on you all!:biggrin:

Excuses excuses.... :biggrin:

Davy, it wasn't just the dodgy road surfaces on the descents, you had to keep a keen look out for furniture...:biggrin:

1zml6o8.jpg

Already posted once, but well worth a re-post...

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Davy, had you descended any of those hills at 39mph your thighs would have clenched so hard your shorts would have exploded.

Sofa so good mikee - do you think you should try for a third post? :laugh:

We would have been struggling with the 'technical descents' marin...the technical ascents were bad enough at the speed of a constipated donkey. Must get some Cyclecraft lessons under my belt.:biggrin: A lovely day, thanks.

"Thanks for the tea towel"

You won it fair and square in the mouseketeer awayday raffle! The only problem was that you let slip that you collected tea towels. :biggrin: What are the chances of chosing something like that, you winning the draw and also having a penchant for things that leave me feeling all washed up? Pretty long odds I reckon...

Last but not least, your bike - the back wheel has a dubious piece of plastic by the cassette. Is it a bit of wrapping that needs to be snipped off? I think so...
2dj8ffs.jpg

and let's not forget Davy. He stayed in the smoke for a bloke who wanted his woofers. The hombre was a no show and Davy missed out on bonj's company...they would have been as one I'm sure.

Saw this sign and thought of you when we stopped Davy...

23rk64o.jpg

not because it was lovely grub, it just looked like you sunbathing face down on a Thai beach - three weeks into your hols! :biggrin:

mike e

1zml6o8.jpg

When we was settee'ing off on this ride, I never thought we'd furnish ourselves with a nice place for a break...:biggrin:

THE END.....................I promise...;)

Top Bottom