Strines ride (just outside Peaks) Sheffield

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
f1duoo.jpg

man and nature in harmony

Building on dellzeqq's post, I can only offer the following snippets of pleasure...

25tzrbr.jpg
- (the guy said it was ok to show the numberpate) the website, for the hard of remembering!

34sfk9z.jpg

the teatray

dvkg9c.jpg

the wifemobile - the related history of which is below. I asked him, of all the bikes - four beasts in the garage + the 'teatray' AND 15, yes fifteen racebikes dotted around the premises - which one was the fastest. He replied "Oh, this one I reckon" pointing towards his wife's Britten 'replica'. 1000cc of monster!

http://www.britten.co.nz/
the Britten website - 'the wife' (her name is 'Shelli' - it's emblazoned on the fuel tank of her runabout:tongue:) has got the documentation for bike No:19...she was so taken by the story of how the guy took on Ducati that she wanted one herself! The exhausts on the pictured bike were made by the guy we met, from two Mitsubishi Subaru tail pipes welded together and chromed, and the stainless steel exhausts were hydroformed (he casually mentioned) by himself, in the workshop in the back garden!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydroforming hydroforming

It's people like this that make you sick!

Oh and another thing. To power the 'teatray', he might purchase a Hillman Imp for £50 notes, say. Dump the chassis, all the superfluous detail. Keep the engine; bastardise the lot - retain the piston rod...then machine half of that away. Et voila! - a tiny bit of the death machine that his missus lays on. The man is a wizard. Funnily enough, he said that there was a fellow 'oop North' who had a garage full of Hillman Imp engines. "Fancy that!" (No ferrets - just Hillman Imps)

bonj2

Sorry for being a bit unsociable! ;)
It wasn't actually intentional, honestly. It was definitely not a case of "these guys are idiots, i'm buggering off", it was more "ooh - hang on, where *are* they all? I've not taken a turning here, have I..."

For me the day started off with the usual pre-ride energy-laden breakfast of fried bread, sausages and boiling beans. I then proceeded to fit a new shiny cassette and chain on my scott, which was to be my steed for the day, but which i had noticed was past the chain stretch limit earlier in the week. Ho hum. The cassette wobbles about. Have i been sold a dud? Have i accidentally bought a 10 speed and dropped one of the cogs? Oh well. Can't ride it like that! only one way to resolve this.... so down comes the planet x.

The downside of that is that (at least to me anyway) that bike just cries out to be ridden hard, so i was mentally prepared for pumping tarmac, rather than being the genial guide!

But from the little i did see of the southern delegation they all seemed to be an interesting bunch, and would have liked to see more of you so if there is going to be a return 'north meets south' ride as redjedi alludes to then i'd love to come, if i'd be welcome. When in all likeliness i'll be on SS.

Andy - sorry bout your mech! had no idea. my diagnosis is lack of use. Take it off, keep exercising it (use it as a stress toy in lectures) to get it fluid again, and don't go down south for more than 1 month at a time and you should avoid that problem in future :smile:

dellzeqq - sorry i didn't understand your poetry. I did however assume you'd made it up on the spot.

anyhow i must get back to my message body wrapping, soap headers, and message body member attributes.

redjedi

Über Member
Good write-up Hulver.

Any chance you can put your Garmin data onto a map and link it for us. I'd like to admire some of the hills I rode walked up.

I actually only walked up one, into HIGH Bradfield, but only because I saw ILovewalkingbikes doing it, so had to make him feel better ;)

hulver

Fat bloke on a bike
redjedi said:
Good write-up Hulver.

Any chance you can put your Garmin data onto a map and link it for us. I'd like to admire some of the hills I rode walked up.

I actually only walked up one, into HIGH Bradfield, but only because I saw ILovewalkingbikes doing it, so had to make him feel better ;)

High Bradfield is well named.

www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=21516

Is my
Garmin route. Ignore the start and end bit, that's just me getting to the Station and back.

Thanks for the mat info Mapphew - we'll know where to pop in for tea next time the funbus glides into Sheff!

OK - serious research has uncovered further evidence of CycleChat's answer to the Turin Shroud. (I suppose we should have gone straight to the police when he got lost - they could have done a small drawing..."it would have been of little Ben e-fit!" ;) )

8xqzdk.jpg

And, keeping with the religious theme, there was a moment in the pub where I found myself (and this is the gospel truth) between Matthew, Mark and Luke!

ww15qb.jpg

Testament a go-go: L to R
'Allah'stair, Paul, Andrew, Simeon, Matthew, Mary's ass, Mark, Luke, King David and, seated front, St Michael.
In the window - Benjamin.

mistral

Guru
Very sad I missed this one, looks like you had a brilliant time.

I've been busy off the bike, helping my wife recover from a double knee op and then getting my daughter settled in to Liverpool University.

Looking forward to fnrttc

Mike E, remind me that I still owe you a fiver from last Sarfend run!

mike e

mistral said:
Very sad I missed this one, looks like you had a brilliant time.

I've been busy off the bike, helping my wife recover from a double knee op and then getting my daughter settled in to Liverpool University.

Looking forward to fnrttc

Mike E, remind me that I still owe you a fiver from last Sarfend run!

You still owe me a fiver from the last Sarfend run! ;)

hulver

Fat bloke on a bike
Aperitif said:
Thanks for the mat info Mapphew - we'll know where to pop in for tea next time the funbus glides into Sheff!

No worries. My address is very easy to find anyway, that's why I wasn't bothered about posting the route.

Nice 'shopping. ;)

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Wow, I missed a proper good treat and a great pub burger again!! Damn!!!

Really looked awesome! The backdrop scenery is quite amazing!!

Just two questions,

1, Who got the fastest speed down hill and what was it, as those downhills look mentalist!

2, Did I spot mudguards on redJedi's bike?? A Bianchi with mudguards??

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Aperitif said:
I got 62kph as a max on one descent but, generally, it was a bit of a brake grinder for the most part - the surfaces having a variety of textures...:biggrin:

39mph?? I was doing that following a HGV this morning.. shame on you all!;)

Excuses excuses.... :biggrin:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Davywalnuts said:
2, Did I spot mudguards on redJedi's bike?? A Bianchi with mudguards??

Yeah I spotted that and they managed to get bonj in the same photo as well, 2 for the price of 1 :sad:

Davywalnuts said:
39mph?? I was doing that because I got my thigh covers caught in the tailgate of a HGV this morning.. shame on you all!:sad:

Excuses excuses.... :biggrin:

Fixed that for you Davy.

I know there's not much weight difference between us, (It's just a height thing...) but I assure you, it was fast enough - unless of course one wants one's wheel to explode on a lunar landscape replica piece of road! :biggrin:

Top Bottom