Strines Ride Poll

Which day can you make/prefer the Strines Ride?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Take 2, hope this makes sense.

The prefer one day includes strong preference as in might not turn up on the other day as well as weak preference although it's probably better if people say what they mean.

I can do either day. I take Bonj's point about some things not being open on a Sunday but it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Also others about trains but I think most are coming by car/bike.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
I voted either day but prefer Saturday

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I think the poll needs to close before the 29th if you are trying to decide between the 26th and 27th! :blush:

I won't vote until I've heard back from PaulB & goodspeed (I sent them PMs earlier to see if they fancy driving down for the ride. If they do, I'd cadge a lift and preference of day would be determined by them; if they don't, I could only make the Saturday and I'd have to think about whether I could afford the extra time and money to come by train.)

redjedi

Über Member
Not fussed which day.

Looking again, I would probably do the family visit the week before, then train over for the ride, before getting a lift back to the sunny south.

redjedi

Über Member
My "not fussed" vote will probably have to change to a "prefer Saturday". Checking the train times and apparently northerners don't go anywhere on Sunday mornings, so there are no trains from Lincoln until mid-afternoon. ;)

There are plenty of trains of the Saturday morning though.

If it definately going to be the Sunday, I suppose I could travel over on the Saturday and stay the night.

mike e

Not having to come too far for this ride so either day suit's, I guess a Saturday would help people who travel by train. I think the London clan would like to confirm the date sooner than later so they can make their arrangements.....

redjedi

Über Member
Looks to be an even split between the two days so far.

I guess you're going to have to make an executive desision Marin.

Here's a little music while you decide :thumbsup:

mike e

I retract my original vote and now go for:-

Sunday 00:01, it's the best of both worlds and the roads will be quieter...:thumbsup:

mike e

A steep hill in the Peak District, but not so in the dark...:thumbsup:
35j9r21.jpg

Some of the views may be nicer in daylight
a43k8l.jpg

OP
OP
marinyork

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
All right, all right. Sorry it is going to be Saturday. The split ended up being more even than I imagined having people I didn't know were interested until recently on there. It was based on a formula I devised that included distance to the venue and how early someone said they were coming. It also included one vote that wasn't on there.

For those in the West Riding that have lost out, I didn't know you were interested in the area and it is much easier to arrange a future ride. I ride in the area from time to time and we could probably organise a meeting point further north as well, could even include it in the next Holme Moss CC Ride.

Top Bottom