Struck from behind on the way to work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
That's a first. Someone is driving around with a bust wing mirror and I cut my face (probably on the handlebars, I think the car struck the bars, judging by my sore wrists and the blood on the bars this seems likely). Been to A&E, nothing broken.

You'll want to know about the bike, looks like it'll be easy to sort out but haven't checked it over yet. Driver didn't stop (neither did the following drivers- so no witnesses identified). Going to report it shortly, although I don't have anything useful to report- don't even know what colour the car was. Semi-rural area so almost completely certain no CCTV.

An electrician in a van pulled over and gave me and the bike a lift home.

Drago

Legendary Member
Here's for a speedy recovery form you, and a nasty dose of Ebola of the sphincter for the offender. Top marks to the van man too.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Nasty shoots on the road the one and only reason I have a camera, never review footage as it winds me up but just there if I get hit. Makes me mad reading about this sort of shoot. I stood at the roadside waiting to cross in a urban 30mph road at least 40% were distracted by technology and not one sod let me cross. Sorry to rant on your thread!!

GWS

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
You'll want to know about the bike, looks like it'll be easy to sort out but haven't checked it over yet.
We await updates with extreme interest!

Driver didn't stop (neither did the following drivers- so no witnesses identified). Going to report it shortly, although I don't have anything useful to report- don't even know what colour the car was. Semi-rural area so almost completely certain no CCTV.
And the increase in stories of such nobbers is part of why I've just bought another £20 camera :sad:

An electrician in a van pulled over and gave me and the bike a lift home.
:thumbsup:

Glad you've avoided serious injury. Please report it to the local police - firstly, they can put out an appeal and another nearby motorist might have had a dashcam which would narrow the suspects; and secondly, more reports when it happens is one way we might get tackling this sort of criminality rising up their priorities before more people die.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Have to say WVM gets a lot of stick but when I came off and broke my shoulder he was the only one to stop some 5 minutes after seeing me in a state starting to walk, dropped me back at work asked if I wanted them to take me to hospital and then called in to work 72 hours later to see how I was (I was still at home though), top man never got any of his details to thank him. I was buggered no phone and 3 mile walk bleeding and one arm! So unlike me to accept help but was really relieved when they pulled up. Two cars passed me on the floor going the other direction!!

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully it was a heated electric mirror and is gonna cost £800 to fix. There are some proper tossers out there nowadays.

OP
OP
palinurus

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Sorry to hear this @palinurus, how are you? How's the bike?

I've got a cut face, a full-on puffy shiner and two sore wrists. Confidence has taken a hit because there was probably not much I could've done to avoid it.

Will have a look at the bike later. Probably just twisted bars and brake levers turned inwards, likely I missed something in my initial inspection tho'

Reactions: mjr

Lonestar

Veteran
Nasty shoots on the road the one and only reason I have a camera, never review footage as it winds me up but just there if I get hit. Makes me mad reading about this sort of shoot. I stood at the roadside waiting to cross in a urban 30mph road at least 40% were distracted by technology and not one sod let me cross. Sorry to rant on your thread!!

GWS

No I agree,I ditched the camera because all I saw all I was doing was looking for negatives...I like your way of handling it.Just use it if you need it.Hopefully never.

Top Bottom