Struggling with what to wear!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
I like to wear my gilet on cooler days when you just want that little bit of warmth,quite like the arm warmer idea though,something I've never really thought about getting.
I have an Endura jacket(cheapish one) that I wear in the morning but always too warm coming home so it folds up and attaches to the bars for carrying.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Back when I became a 'proper' cyclist in the ealy '80s, this is what I wore... sexy eh!
Cycle kit's moved on a bit but this stuff was OK and probably still is, it's still going!

http://www.tudorsports.co.uk/

zacklaws

Guru
You may think I'm sad but I chart everything I wear on every ride during the cooler months, and when I get home record the minimum, maximum and average temperature along with the maximum wind speed plus my maximum speed and average speed, and then in the last columns of the chart, tick off whether I was, hot, cold or warm or a combination of the three and in such an instance fill in the remarks column as to why I ticked warm but also cold for example, ie cold feet.

Oddly enough, shortly after I started doing it, I read about it in a book. Once your chart is done, I used MS Word, made a table with many rows, and across the top typed sideways is all my articles of clothing to the left, then comes the temperature parts followed by my comments for the ride, it is a simple job to tick the boxes and get the weather off the net.

Now when I go for a ride, I check the thermometer outside, check the forecast online, look at my chart for similar circumstance and instantly I know what I need to wear and what not to wear. Todate it has never let me down.

In theory now, I should be able to condense all my info into a proper chart and then I would have no need to keep logging everything.

Top Bottom