Stuart Sinclair

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Just back from picking up a Stuart Sinclair road bike .

I was told by son of previous owner that Sinclair made a lot of frames for the British Paralympic games.

I have just messaged Sinclair to get more details of its build .

All uphill

Still rolling along
Nice bike, poor rear derailleur! Still one more gear to go.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
A bit of time this morning spent looking over this machine .
Got a 26.8mm post and about 300mm long fitted thankfully free to move , seat clamp is a quick release style one .
600 sti 7 speed units old style 600 fr mech and then an Altus rear mech all seems to work but chain way to short on current set up .
Rear wheel is a tubular gp4 laced to a Mavic screw on hub , fr is a campagnolo clincher
Nice Rolls saddle .
Had a reply from framebuilder he can't remember if Reynolds or Columbus
Quick gentle ride around block and feels nice just needs some sorting , so that's what i will do gradually

Last edited:
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Heard back from Stuart Sinclair

" Hi. Yes i built the frames built about 100 whilst i was working for Bob Mitchell.. Don't build now as steel is old school "

Also found a set of suitable wheels and ordered some tyre's next up is to sort out the rear mechanism

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
New tyres have arrived fitted rear one last night and also changed the grease in the rear hub so moving along slowly

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Another 50+ mile weekend for this machine.
Have taken 2 links out of the chain as it was a bit longer than needed, might need another one removing yet but will see.

Top Bottom