Stuck in A&E :-(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
I've just taken a wander with the dog down to the scene. There's a return on the folded edge of the rear hatch steel and this is what's done the damage, sliced his nose, lips and knocked his teeth out. So he's gone through the glass and hit this sharp edge just under the surface - with enough force to bend the metal.

Attachments

• DSC_0004.JPG
    DSC_0004.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 71

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I've just taken a wander with the dog down to the scene. There's a return on the folded edge of the rear hatch steel and this is what's done the damage, sliced his nose, lips and knocked his teeth out. So he's gone through the glass and hit this sharp edge just under the surface - with enough force to bend the metal.
Ooh, nasty.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
OUCH! Hope he gets well soon.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Althout, TBH, when I first saw the thread title (I tend to skim read) I did think it said "Stuck in Ar$e"......must be how my gutterbrain works.

@mickle can you circle the dent the boy made? I can't tell where it is, and I'm curious.

Oh, and is the damage covered by insurance? Check your household policy, you might be ok.

How's he doing today?

screenman

Legendary Member
:sad: I'm surprised that design is legal. What next, rows of spikes hidden inside the bumpers? :sad:

Nothing wrong with the way a rear glass is fitted, as long as somebody does not try and stick is head through it.

I hope the guy recovers quickly, and if the reason he hit it was because he was not looking has also learned a very important lesson.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Ouch - get well soon & I hope your insurance responds to the claim. I checked with my buildings & contents insurers about this sort of thing & they said I was covered, as the policy appeared to state.

Top Bottom