Student landlord update.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Things are moving on.Private landlord faced with evidence from the girls,has dropped his claim from £230 to £70.He was faced with evidence he did not know the girls had.Still not finished,because the previous tenants paid out hundreds of pounds due to an infestation of mice in a settee.Which after the girls paid,our kids still had it the following year.He has been informed of this information by the mother who is the Lawyer,they are awaiting his response to the question why was the sofa still in use one year later after he was paid for it.

Second Landlord or Letting Agent has requested £130 ,this has come from the bond holding company,they are going to release £770 back to use,we have now asked them to get from the letting agent,last years cleaning invoices for everything cleaned including the windows i cleaned.also evidence that our cleaning was not up to scratch,we are now waiting for a reply from agent via bond holders.but we have got £770 back.Looking good.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
Right the latest from Landlord 1,is.I have not been kept up to date on all things.The mother of one of the tenants got him down by 50% on his claim of £230.She then fed him some more info,which he counter claimed.So she then phoned him and a deal has been done.It was put to all six of them and it was decided to finish it off once and for all.They will each pay just over £20. I am not happy,but i did not inspect the place when the students took it over.So it has been his word against theirs.I think it has taught all of them a lesson ,in life ,when dealing with people like this,get evidence and keep it.
The next flat ,we ARE going to see it and i pity the poor letting agent ,i will look at everything,including the windows inside and out which once again are three stories up.How he expected students to lean out of sash windows to clean outside is beyond me,that is if they had been cleaned in the first place,because his statement that his flat had been cleaned prior to the kids getting in was a load of dog poo.When i went the place was filthy,and my wife told him so,so i think he has got away with this.But our daughter was out voted and the others just wanted it over.

Drago

Legendary Member
Sent him the bill for the time invested in sorting this, £50 And hour, or tenths of an hour thereof, and once the sum starts adding up he'll fold completely.

Top Bottom