Student membership with CTC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
As a CTC Local Campaigner, I was required to join CTC to enter my membership number. I looked at the prices and thought that I would be happy to pay the student fee.
I clicked the button, entered my details, and paid for the membership.

However, at no point was I asked to prove that I am a student. I didnt have to enter any codes and there were no questions related to education.
Is this a flaw in the CTC system? Could anyone, student or not, click the student button and get a discounted price?

If people caught onto this flaw, CTC could be losing a lot of money. (And I have just posted it on here for everyone to see! :whistle:).

Brandane

Legendary Member
They would soon catch on to the "flaw" if you had to make a claim on their insurance. Not a real student then? Sorry but your membership is null and void so you can sing for any claim money.
Oh; and thanks for your donation in the form of a fee for a fraudulent membership, which you won't be getting refunded!

Last edited:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Matthew_T is a student. As a Sixth Form or Further Education College student, then he should have a student card or be given the option to have one via his college or a local scheme as they are not always given out by default, it tends to depend on the size of the institution and the facilities they offer, for example libraries, after hours access to computer clusters etc.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Matthew_T is a student. As a Sixth Form or Further Education College student, then he should have a student card or be given the option to have one via his college or a local scheme as they are not always given out by default, it tends to depend on the size of the institution and the facilities they offer, for example libraries, after hours access to computer clusters etc.
Wish I knew. Missed out on a lot of offers. They failed to tell anyone!

Wish I knew. Missed out on a lot of offers. They failed to tell anyone!

Me too!

All I got as an undergraduate was a full grant, free tuition and enough free time during the day to make a killing (figuratively) as a motorcycle courier.

When I had to spend time overseas, the British Council threw money at me, my grant was increased to reflect the longer term and the host country gave me a whopping stipend. I came home after several months to find a big cheque for my travel costs.

Tell young people that today and they don't believe you..... pfff....

Top Bottom