study into the affects of long term exercise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
They'll be tipping me in to my coffin - I'll rattle by then (broken bones).

Dolorous Edd

I'm wondering how reliable those findings are. In my experience, cycling a lot between the ages of 40 and 55 leads to significant weight gain.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I think weight loss and overall health are being confused ?
I think because weight loss is so important to some of us I suppose. Even fitness wise, I find running improves my CV health more than cycling, but I think that's pretty much accepted. Obviously you can't freewheel when running. If I get back into running I find my resting heart rate usually drops but can't say I notice the same with cycling.

Tenkaykev

Guru
I think because weight loss is so important to some of us I suppose. Even fitness wise, I find running improves my CV health more than cycling, but I think that's pretty much accepted. Obviously you can't freewheel when running. If I get back into running I find my resting heart rate usually drops but can't say I notice the same with cycling.
Yes, an excellent point about not being able to freewheel when running. It's the freewheeling aspect that lets me do more exercise on the bike. There's also the bone strengthening that comes from walking / running ( The " running boom " of the early '80s saw some forecasts that running would result in joints "wearing out " and an epidemic of arthritic oldies, whereas it has had the opposite effect )

Top Bottom