Stuff Clarkson, lets get Martin involved.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
and you think that will stop BBC !!

Yes. Jeremy Clarkson might not be the only departure from the team....

Levo-Lon

Guru
Saterday morning on Bbc 1...cook this and then cook that..
so james martin and mary berry are flavour of the month,then we can have cook gear and a cook gear special at xmas..
if the 3 amigos go then top gear ends..
ill watch the new show when JC sorts it on ch4 or the US

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
The whole of Top Gear needs a rethink. I'd keep May and, perhaps, Hammond, but the whole ethos of the programme is wrong. Here's a better suggestion:

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...remy-clarkson-suspended-eco-feminist-top-gear

The problem with Jeremy Clarkson, apart from him being a dick, is that he’s on the wrong side of history. There is a future for cars. There is a brilliant future for cars. There is even a future for programmes about cars. But for people doing stupid stunts in cars, while insisting that they are for petrol heads, who by definition don’t accept the bald facts of anthropogenic climate change? Not so much

They should get with the modern times and replace Top Gear with the equivalent for cycling.

They could talk about the latest bikes and have sections for things like only idiots ride without helmets and why proper cyclists nod hello to each other.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I like Guy Martin. He's like a modern day Fred Dibnah in some respects. I agree he's a Marmite character, but his 'Speed' progs are good as are some of his other documentaries about how things were made. I think he's best left there. He's no Clarkson, for all his 'failings, Clarkson is much smarter and in-tune than Martin whose persona is more about wide eyed-boyish enthusiasm. He'd be bit shoot at Top Gear.

Frankly TG is a dog that's had its day. It should be put out of its misery and after a brief period of remembrance perhaps the Beeb could do as suggested up-thread and that's produce a program that is about the future of motoring and transport and what could be rather than dwelling on its past glories.
Cars have become ridiculous items, items of vanity. There needs to be a change of heart, not more of the same otherwise the 'Petrolhead' crash when it happens will be a major wreck.

I think Guy is wonderful to watch .
smiley-with-beating-heart.gif

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
Guy Martin wouldn't do it. He's said in the past he doesn't like doing too much telly and he's much happier fixing trucks. I say bring back William Woollard.

Top Bottom