Stuff Clarkson, lets get Martin involved.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CharlesF

Guru
He is, yes. Beyond having some of them in the crowd at Top Gear I can't think of anything else he's done for them though.

I think you will find he and his wife do quite a bit at Selly Oak hospital, visiting the wounded.

And as this is a about Guy Martin, remember he is also a mountain biker. My son and friends were at race in Wales and saw Guy in a cafe. They went in to talk to him. He told them he was there to race and not talk to fans; but he generously said they could ride with him.

They started with him and he left them in his dust within the first mile - and they like to think of themselves as hard-core mountain bikers!

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I think you will find he and his wife do quite a bit at Selly Oak hospital, vu=isiting the wounded.

And as this is a about Guy Martin, remember he is also a mountain biker. My son and friends were at race in Wales and saw Guy in a cafe. They went in to talk to him. He told them he was there to race and not talk to fans; but he generously said they could ride with him.

They started with him and he left them in his dust within the first mile - and they like to think of themselves as hard-core mountain bikers!
Not sure if he has moved but he used to commute 40 miles a day by bike.

Sara_H

Guru
With a bit of coaching to tone him down a tad, Guy Martin would be absolutely fantastic.

His enthusiasm would be a refreshing change from Clarksons sneering cynism.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
With a bit of coaching to tone him down a tad, Guy Martin would be absolutely fantastic.

His enthusiasm would be a refreshing change from Clarksons sneering cynism.
Absolutely, on both counts. He comes across as a thoroughly likeable and on-the-level (not up-his-own-arse) chap, but he 'goes up to 11' - and stays there all the time. A little of Guy Martin goes quite a long way - after a while I begin to find his turbo-charged puppyish enthusiasm a bit...wearying.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Chris Evans, as the new Jez Clarkson
Guy Martin as the new James May
Suzi Perry as the token minority to replace that little squeaky chap.

Theres your show right there.
Nah.

Robson Green for Hammond (I don't like fishing but cannot stop watching him when he's on the box, very genuine, sincere and lively guy, would be hilarious)
Jodi Kidd for May, Knows just as much about motors and is smooth, cool and would offer a dimension that the show is missing, that of a commanding, strong, capable woman...not a skirt smiling in the audience, would work well with Green as a duo ganging up on....wait for it...
Idris Elba. Takes No shat, is a fearsome driver with a magnetic personality.

As a surprise slot they should open up a motorcycle section and of course invite Mr Martin to offer his view. the conflict between the "car" team and the "Bike" team would be interesting in itself, imagine the tours and special episodes with martin showing Green how its done "properly" on two wheels.?

TOP%20GEAR%202_zpsovdsuuwh.jpg

Last edited:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Nah.

Robson Green for Hammond (I don't like fishing but cannot stop watching him when he's on the box, very genuine, sincere and lively guy, would be hilarious)
Jodi Kidd for May, Knows just as much about motors and is smooth, cool and would offer a dimension that the show is missing, that of a commanding, strong, capable woman...not a skirt smiling in the audience, would work well with Green as a duo ganging up on....wait for it...
Idris Elba. Takes No shat, is a fearsome driver with a magnetic personality.

As a surprise slot they should open up a motorcycle section and of course invite Mr Martin to offer his view. the conflict between the "car" team and the "Bike" team would be interesting in itself, imagine the tours and special episodes with martin showing Green how its done "properly" on two wheels.?
Now you're talking! Two genuinely fresh and new angles: a woman presenter, and the two-wheels aspect. The lack of a woman has always been a bit of a weakness, in this day & age, and tho' motorbikes couldn't sustain a whole programme (too minority), they could add some great seasoning to any petrolhead prog. I like your thinking Batman!

Sara_H

Guru
Can I put forward Richard Adabuyer (don't know how to spell his surname, so I've done it phonetically)

Tin Pot

Guru
Now you're talking! Two genuinely fresh and new angles: a woman presenter, and the two-wheels aspect. The lack of a woman has always been a bit of a weakness, in this day & age, and tho' motorbikes couldn't sustain a whole programme (too minority), they could add some great seasoning to any petrolhead prog. I like your thinking Batman!

Face meet Palm.

Top Bottom