Stuff you forget off the Christmas Food list.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Can't have forgotten much as fridge and freezer are both full :hungry:

vickster

Legendary Member
Dunno, I'm not catering, that's up to my brother and SIL (I'm just paying the bill apparently :rolleyes:)
However, I've provided a tub of Celebrations and a bottle of gifted champers and I've got a few cans of beer in the fridge. Job done :okay:

steverob

Guru
Normally remember everything, but one year as we were maybe about an hour away from serving Christmas dinner, I went to the cupboard and found the gravy granules tin (you can't have a roast without gravy IMHO and I'm too lazy to make my own) but upon opening it, there was about a quarter of a teaspoon of them left in there, which wouldn't have even made up enough for one person let alone a whole family.

Our nearest corner shop was closed, but there was another one open about a mile away and they luckily did have some. Managed to get back just as the bird was about to be carved which gave me enough time to make some. Now every year since then I'm always reminded to check at least three times from the start of December onwards!

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've forgotten gravy in the past when making it for a family meal, and having a 30 minute dash home to get it.

I'm currently making the soup and gravy today.

vickster

Legendary Member
Starters? I've forgotten a whole course off the list :laugh:

We have nibbles and champagne as starter :becool:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Darn it. Forgot another thing.

Yesterday it was peas, it was on the list but I forgot to go near frozen stuff.

Today was bread rolls to go with starters.

I can't remember what I have forgotten as I have forgotten it.

I will stop there as this is heading in the direction of the proverbial 'big fleas have on their back...'

Have a good Xmas Fossey - at least you have remembered it is rapidly heading your way. 😁

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I haven't forgotten anything.

That's because the only list I had was essentials to last me through the shops being closed for 2 days and I bought those today. I will be eating the same food as usual. In fact, I may decide to semi-fast on the day and just have a bowl of porridge.

No booze, no mince pies, no this, no that. A few days when other people will be doing weird things (which I will steer clear of), then back to normality, see off the rest of the winter, and look forward to the spring! :okay:

Chris S

Legendary Member

That's because the only list I had was essentials to last me through the shops being closed for 2 days and I bought those today. I will be eating the same food as usual. In fact, I may decide to semi-fast on the day and just have a bowl of porridge.

No booze, no mince pies, no this, no that. A few days when other people will be doing weird things (which I will steer clear of), then back to normality, see off the rest of the winter, and look forward to the spring! :okay:

+1

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOBZ6ygWk7I

oldwheels

Legendary Member

I will be doing pretty much the same and running my food stock down as I hope to be off on 28th until after new year.
Cannot be doing with this Christmas nonsense. In the past I used to be working over Christmas anyway.

slow scot

Veteran

As per the above!

Top Bottom