Stuff you forget off the Christmas Food list.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Teamfixed

Tim Lewis
Turkey.
Oh hang on we're not having one:okay:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I haven't forgotten anything.

That's because the only list I had was essentials to last me through the shops being closed for 2 days and I bought those today. I will be eating the same food as usual. In fact, I may decide to semi-fast on the day and just have a bowl of porridge.

No booze, no mince pies, no this, no that. A few days when other people will be doing weird things (which I will steer clear of), then back to normality, see off the rest of the winter, and look forward to the spring! :okay:

I will be doing pretty much the same and running my food stock down as I hope to be off on 28th until after new year.
Cannot be doing with this Christmas nonsense. In the past I used to be working over Christmas anyway.

You do realise that when you sit down and watch The Grinch at Xmas to validate your Xmas misery stance that you will, by default, be entering into the Spirit of Christmas.😁

However, respecting your position, I will vault over Xmas and skip straight to next year and...

... (seriously) have a bloody good one. 👍

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Tesco is open on Boxing Day @ColinJ :laugh:
We haven't got one here - we only have Aldi, Lidl and Morrisons.

Ah - I just discovered that Morrisons is open for 9 hours on Boxing Day. Never mind, I bought what I need today.

You do realise that when you sit down and watch The Grinch at Xmas to validate your Xmas misery stance that you will, by default, be entering into the Spirit of Christmas.😁

However, respecting your position, I will vault over Xmas and skip straight to next year and...

For those of you who DO do Christmas, either because you love it, or you have kids who do... Have a great time. :snowball:

For Grinches like me... don't worry - the madness will soon be over for another year! :okay:

I will have what I like to eat over Christmas and hope everyone else does, too. No turkey, goose, ham or much-boiled brussels sprouts here!

The only thing I'm in need of is some more butter, I will probably go and get it tomorrow morning as it's pouring down right now and forecast to be fine tomorrow. Foods and drinks of my choice are otherwise all in the fridge, freezer or cupboard and I shall be starting off tomorrow by putting smoked salmon and cream cheese into my teatime scrambled egg on toast ...

oldwheels

Legendary Member

Cannot watch telly as I don’t have one.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I haven't forgotten anything.

That's because the only list I had was essentials to last me through the shops being closed for 2 days and I bought those today. I will be eating the same food as usual. In fact, I may decide to semi-fast on the day and just have a bowl of porridge.

No booze, no mince pies, no this, no that. A few days when other people will be doing weird things (which I will steer clear of), then back to normality, see off the rest of the winter, and look forward to the spring! :okay:

Same here. It’s just another day to be got over. I will probably hide indoors and pretend it’s not happening and read and watch telly.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Horror of horrors I can't find any Paxo or Bread sauce mix.

We have chestnut stuffing in, I'll probably forget to cook that as I'm not a fan of stuffing. We have taken the turkey out of the freezer - it says to allow to defrost in the fridge for many days ! It's in the porch as our fridge is set to 3c, it wouldn't defrost in time for next Christmas. ^_^

I don't think I've forgotten anything, and in any case, I'm going yellow stickering tomorrow afternoon :boxing:

Got herrings, smoked salmon, prawns and salady things for tomorrow evening's Wigilia, and got steak, potatoes and braised red cabbage for Sunday. Oh, and a Xmas pudding of course. Can't not have a pudding. Shan't bother with a starter, I'd end up the size of a small house...

Am also suitably supplied with clementines, lebkuchen, speculoos, mince pies, walnuts, cheese, chutney and assorted charcuterie.

Then again, after Xmas day, the chef and quartermaster chez Casa Reynard will be taking a break until after New Year. :becool:

Top Bottom