stunt parking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
trying to figure out what possible benefit or deterrent locking your bike in this unusual position there is to ward off undesirable attention in a railway station ? Watched him come off a train & immediately put it in that position, so it has not been moved....yet. :blink:

Attachments

• IMG_2169.JPG
    IMG_2169.JPG
    332.5 KB · Views: 19

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Makes it easier for someone to steal the wheels I suppose.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
trying to figure out what possible benefit or deterrent locking your bike in this unusual position there is to ward off undesirable attention in a railway station ? Watched him come off a train & immediately put it in that position, so it has not been moved....yet. :blink:
Makes it easier for someone to steal the wheels I suppose.
But slightly harder to steal the saddle. I wonder if the rider had had a few saddles removed - with QR it would only have taken a couple of seconds the right way up.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Possible benefits are: it's less likely to get accidentally locked to another bike's frame; it's more stable in that position so won't suffer frame damage from sliding down the Sheffield stand when a clumsy person squeezes their bike in beside it. Just me guessing though...

T4tomo

Legendary Member
But slightly harder to steal the saddle. I wonder if the rider had had a few saddles removed - with QR it would only have taken a couple of seconds the right way up.
hmm but his wheels look like there are QR skewers not TA's so they a have made the front one very steal-able...

maybe as its such a drab colour its to help him identify it amongst all the other bikes.....

The long handle bars is a safety concerns and this is actually safer?

OP
OP
night rider
Why not just ask him?
because we were both multitasking by being on phones at same time. Kinda rude just to butt in & interrupt our important conversions.

It might well have been on the other side of the rail when it was locked up (and the right way up) before some 'scroat' was interupted in a theft
nope. Straight off train, straight to rack. No interference.

Upturned bikes on a trail as supposed to signal an incident.
never knew that. Everydays a schoolday.

Its very rare to see any bike locked, in whatever position, at this location. Anyways. Its now gone & no evidence of discarded nuts & bolts or angle grinded chain loops, so shall assume owners strategy worked:wacko:

Bizarrely I saw this thread and then saw one stored like this today on Chester station, I wasn't on the right platform to ask the very adjacent owner (or wheel thief?) why, though stability is a fair guess.

Top Bottom