Stupid car driver sprayed his windscreen wash purposely on me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SRanger

I was cycling and a driver purposely (I know it was purposely because they were laughing) sprayed his windscreen wash at me. Should I worry about my bike being exposed to the windscreen wash?

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
No.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Had it happen to me a few times on the commute.
One time, flat bed lorry driver decided to do it as I was overtaking. Got me good. The driver and his mate found it hilariously funny. What was even funnier was when I waited for him to catch me up. I scooted back round and spayed him in the face with my water bottle. I laughed even harder, so did the drivers mate. :becool:

Blimey. How close were you to get sprayed ? Unless he's set his jets off to the side or something.

Badger_Boom

Über Member
I have to admit to accidentally doing this to a cyclist, but only the once. It was the first time I drove my new Discovery, and unknown to me it had pretty powerful headlamp washer jets. I was waiting at some lights and decided to clean the windscreen when a huge amount of spray appeared around the front of the car, just as an unfortunate cycle commuter passed on the inside. I was horrified, but fortunately he decided to keep going.

Twilkes

Guru
I've been behind a parked up van and got sprayed three times in a minute by spray coming over the top of the van, was swearing under my breath but the guy got out with a rag and started wiping his windscreen so just wanted to clean it, don't even think he knew I was there.

To be honest it's the closest my bike got to a wash in months.

Windscreen spray always goes high (and over) in town as it's set to achieve centre of screen at 70 on a motorway. If they really wanted to frighten you they'd be using vinegar, to hurt you they'd just track left slightly as you tried to filter on the inside.

Top Bottom