Stupid driver hassling cyclists,, but not me.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davefb

Guru
Was driving home from wilmslow up styal road.. Now it gets stupidly narrow in a wooded bit on a hill with a bend at the bottom, totally blind and frankly it's insane this road takes so much traffic.
I'm going up the hill ( in the car ;) ).. Coming the other way, two cyclists, side by side with a nutjob behind waving his arms and hitting his horn..

How why, christ knows, he would be a lunatic to pass one on this stretch unless he had some sort of prescience that nothing was coming the other way...

So if this was you, I saw it if you want to make a complaint ;)

(hmm, the link doesnt do it justice, it normally feels very dark, which doesnt help sighting, because a lot of modern cars lights automatically come on.... just to blind you :-/ )

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Stya...d=5gyrzx4imgR18Ul2wiBeIg&cbp=12,26.75,,0,8.04

400bhp

Guru
Get problems a lot there from bellends - terrible stretch of road that.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Know it well,there is some sort of cycle path from the bridge upwards but i am sure it has steps at the beginning ! Even driving up and down it can be interesting,you can see by the amount of dead car debris at the road edge !!!

Peowpeowpeowlasers

That section is one of the last bits on the Manchester 100, I remember lots of people pushing up that hill last year :smile: I had enough in my legs to make it up though.

Col5632

Guru
Does look like a terrible part of road, drivers just need to accept that even if one cyclist was there that its pretty much too tight to pass :cycle:

Top Bottom