Stupid driver hassling cyclists,, but not me.

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by davefb, 25 Jul 2012.

1. davefb

davefb Über Member

Was driving home from wilmslow up styal road.. Now it gets stupidly narrow in a wooded bit on a hill with a bend at the bottom, totally blind and frankly it's insane this road takes so much traffic.
    I'm going up the hill ( in the car ;) ).. Coming the other way, two cyclists, side by side with a nutjob behind waving his arms and hitting his horn..

How why, christ knows, he would be a lunatic to pass one on this stretch unless he had some sort of prescience that nothing was coming the other way...

So if this was you, I saw it if you want to make a complaint ;)

(hmm, the link doesnt do it justice, it normally feels very dark, which doesnt help sighting, because a lot of modern cars lights automatically come on.... just to blind you :-/ )

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Stya...d=5gyrzx4imgR18Ul2wiBeIg&cbp=12,26.75,,0,8.04

2. 400bhp

400bhp Guru

Get problems a lot there from bellends - terrible stretch of road that.

3. Edwards80

Edwards80 Über Member

Yup. I have twice encountered idiots on that bit of road. Shame as it's part of an ace extended commute route for me!

4. cloggsy

cloggsy Boardmanist

I'd just take the lane and let the beep as much as they like!

skudupnorth and MontyVeda like this.
  5. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

I take station road from Styal to Handforth, then over the A34 at Bluebell BMW

6. Edwards80

Edwards80 Über Member

Ta very much. Will give that a go :biggrin:

7. skudupnorth

skudupnorth Cycling Skoda lover

Know it well,there is some sort of cycle path from the bridge upwards but i am sure it has steps at the beginning ! Even driving up and down it can be interesting,you can see by the amount of dead car debris at the road edge !!!

8. Miquel In De Rain

Miquel In De Rain No Longer Posting

I had that tonight at Bank,I promptly displayed the finger.

9. Peowpeowpeowlasers

Peowpeowpeowlasers Well-Known Member

That section is one of the last bits on the Manchester 100, I remember lots of people pushing up that hill last year :smile: I had enough in my legs to make it up though.

10. Col5632

Col5632 Veteran

Does look like a terrible part of road, drivers just need to accept that even if one cyclist was there that its pretty much too tight to pass :cycle:

11. Jdratcliffe

Jdratcliffe Well-Known Member

thats the problem there far too many impatient fools in cars these days!

Col5632 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice