Stupid honesty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
and doing the right thing , Who invented it , its stupid and should just go away and stuff .
After waiting for ages and having to send reminders i have finally been paid by a rather large company . Problem is , they have over paid me by 1k
What makes it worse is all the paperwork tallies up and it does look on paper like i am owed the money .
Ive already emailed them and told them they can have my new bike back ..... i mean their stupid thousand pounds back .

:sad::cry::cry::cry::sad:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
That's so annoying!
What if....... You bought the bike for £1000 and rode it around until they ask for the money back, then send them the bike in lieu of payment?

No, probably wouldn't work :sad:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Hopefully they appreciate your honesty and give you a huge stack of work and you can make even more than a bike. However, most likely if it is a big company they will fart around for a while, cause you a lot of hassle and then you won't get any further work. At least you will have a warm fuzzy glow though.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Hopefully they appreciate your honesty and give you a huge stack of work and you can make even more than a bike. However, most likely if it is a big company they will fart around for a while, cause you a lot of hassle and then you won't get any further work. At least you will have a warm fuzzy glow though.
Warm fuzzy glows can go away aswell 😢:laugh::laugh::laugh:

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Well ive done my bit with the email to the CEO asking him to get his accounts department to contact me as they have over paid me .
My bank says i have to contact them , my bank cant send part of the money back .
Sooooooo lets spend it over the weekend and see what we have left on Monday morning :laugh:
Lottery numbers looks like a good start , then a bit of horse racing and a few quid on the dogs .
I'm not a gambling man so i think we will lose the lot but its a fun way to spend a virtual 1k

and doing the right thing , Who invented it , its stupid and should just go away and stuff .
After waiting for ages and having to send reminders i have finally been paid by a rather large company . Problem is , they have over paid me by 1k
What makes it worse is all the paperwork tallies up and it does look on paper like i am owed the money .
Ive already emailed them and told them they can have my new bike back ..... i mean their stupid thousand pounds back .

If all the paperwork tallies up then it is correct. Also you are owed interest as they took there time paying you....about £1,000 interest.

Just stick the grand into a high interest bank account and wait for them to ask for it back.

Although the above sounds like a backup. Marcus bank instant access about 1.35% interest.
Also

Jenkins

Legendary Member

Keep it and call it a late payment charge?

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Ive been a bit bonkers and lashed out £2 of it on tonight's lottery . I figured i could be on a roll ^_^

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Years ago I had my own business and one of my biggest and longest standing customers were always invoiced for each job individually against an order number, even if it meant issuing 2 or 3 invoices in a day. At the end of each calendar month I would send them a statement listing the invoices issued that month to remind them that settlement was due within 30 days.
One year I was doing my end of year accounts when I discovered a £100 shortfall in payments received compared to invoices issued. After some digging and head scratching it turned out is was this very same customer who owed me the £100. Somehow I had failed to include an invoice on one of the statements and they had just paid the lesser amount as shown on the statement. I had failed to spot this as the cheque arrived the day before I was due to fly out on holiday so was just quickly banked.
Now, 9 or 10 months later I queried the imbalance with the customer and they quickly paid the outstanding amount and a cheque duly arrived together with a print out of my account record.
The print out clearly showed each month ending with a zero balance once they paid, up until the point where they underpaid me by £100, whereupon each months balance then showed the outstanding underpayment!
The bastards had got the correctly issued invoice on the system but decided not to pay it and see if I would notice. They knew exactly what they were doing!
If I were you I wouldn't try too hard to pay back that £1000 now you have notified them, they wouldn't be in a hurry to tell you if it was the other way round!

Top Bottom