"stupid lorry driver"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thomas

the tank engine
GrasB said:
Now the couldn't stop safely may be an argument if you just go through on the red & the amber stage is short but in that clip the lorry driver has had 3.5s to react & if he can't stop in that time frame then he's driving to fast for the road conditions.

If he legitimately couldn't stop (which I don't believe) he should of held his horn down to warn any pedestrians IMO and at least attempted to loose speed, even if he ended up stopping past the line.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Sorry but there's no such thing as being 'legitimately unable to stop' for a red light. If you can't stop for a red light, then you're going too fast and/or not paying attention, and it doesn't matter a toss whether you're on a BSO or an artic carrying lead. It's up to whoever's in control of the vehicle to be in control of the vehicle to an adequate extent that they can, say, stop at red lights.

Norm

swee said:
+1 Especially as the bike stopped. That means he's too fast, not paying attention and too close to the vehicle in front. There is no excuse for travelling so close to the vehicle in front that you cannot stop as quickly as they stop.

MartinC

Über Member
swee said:
Well to be picky there is. :smile:

If you're approaching a red light and want to stop but the 44 ton artic behind is too close and not stopping then I think you could legitimately claim that it wasn't safe to stop.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
4F said:
Well that one just takes the biscuit. Complete c0ck who shouldn't be on the road. Be interesting to see if the Police would be prepared to take a look at his footage and fine him accordingly for speeding, driving without due care etc. as well as for his recorded transgressions such as the segregated cycle lane usage, and the central reservation usage for his "what happens next" vid etc.

Paging Vikeonabike... paging Vikeonabike!! :biggrin::evil:

Aye that is some very poor motorcycling. In a similar way that some cyclists give all cyclists a bad name, this chap helps perpetuate the myth that all motorcyclists are idiots.

As you say Sharky, it'd be interesting to see what the police would say about this, however, I wouldn't hold my breath....:biggrin:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Quite shocking and cringeworthy at times when squeezing between vehicles especially the larger ones and at speed as well :ohmy:xx(

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
If I knew his camera and his route I could work out a rough average of his speeds. Not sure if he's keeping to 60 on some of those bits (second vid I posted).

I see he's posted on a F800 forum and some seemed to have told him off for being silly. TBH I dont mind the filtering too much, cant tell the distances but yes some of it looks tight, very tight.

Yeah shocking video,reminiscent of some of the motorcycling in London and one of the reasons I stopped using the Tower Gateway to Southwark Bridge route although I will be filming that route soon.

stowie

Legendary Member
4F said:

I saw this video without checking the rest of the thread, and thought "Bloody hell that cyclist is dicing with death with that truck, and then thought bloody hell, that cyclist has got a hell of a turn of speed..."

And then it dawned on me that the turn of speed was due to an engine, and the jump onto the cycle path is nobbishness beyond even the stupid manoeuvre around the truck.

Still, now I have watched the first video of the lorry, I have to say that the motorcyclist's idiocy in no way negates the idiocy of the lorry driver. Yes, he may have had difficulty stopping in time, probably due to the fact that it looks like he was blasting down the road at the time. This really is moronic and dangerous in any area.

Just think we have to share the road (and, it would appear, our cycle paths) with these geniuses.

Top Bottom