Stupid me!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

joebingo

Über Member
So, I was cycling along in a God like fashion - no handed for 1.5 miles and just general cycling mastery. I'm coming up to my house, slow to a crawl (my low speed control skills are like that of Danny MacAskill - aforementioned cycling mastery) and turn into my driveway. In the process, I pushed my handlebars too hard and ended up with the front wheel at a right angle to the frame, sudden halt and a very silly topple. I landed clamping my leg between the saddle, handlebar and frame.

So I get up, and limp to my door, thankful that I have a very late night commute meaning no-one was around to see me. :blush:

So, I was cycling along in a God like fashion - no handed for 1.5 miles and just general cycling mastery. I'm coming up to my house, slow to a crawl (my low speed control skills are like that of Danny MacAskill - aforementioned cycling mastery) and turn into my driveway. In the process, I pushed my handlebars too hard and ended up with the front wheel at a right angle to the frame, sudden halt and a very silly topple. I landed clamping my leg between the saddle, handlebar and frame.

So I get up, and limp to my door, thankful that I have a very late night commute meaning no-one was around to see me. :blush:

Silliness all around then...

I loaded my trailer at Lidl this afternoon, my helmet hung on the hoods, unlocked the bike - turned to put my lock away.

CRASH!

The weight of the trailer on the chainstay pulled the bike over with a right old clatter. Helmet did a good job of getting inbetween bike and floor and protecting the controls but completely sacrificed itself! :blush:
....luckily EBC was only 1/4 mile away for a replacement lid on the way home

At least the sting of shelling out for a new..umm..shell..was lessened by the helmet scanning at £24-95 instead of the £34-95 on the shop display

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Where is the helmet-cam video of all of this!!!
biggrin.gif

Top Bottom