Stupid mistakes you've done at work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Not from me but an old colleague. If you're a caravanner, you'll know what the toilet additive chemical smells like, not the nicest smell in the world, somewhat pungent. Now imagine that multiplied. Someone knocked over and spilled a 120litre barrel of it in our old warehouse. It was upstairs on a mezzanine floor, the warehouse reeked for months and to this day (20+ years later), the floor still has a large blue stain on it.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Not from me but an old colleague. If you're a caravanner, you'll know what the toilet additive chemical smells like, not the nicest smell in the world, somewhat pungent. Now imagine that multiplied. Someone knocked over and spilled a 120litre barrel of it in our old warehouse. It was upstairs on a mezzanine floor, the warehouse reeked for months and to this day (20+ years later), the floor still has a large blue stain on it.
On our first foreign caravanning holiday when we were kids, my dad decided to take us up the Alps. On one of the frequent breaks to let the engine cool down as we climbed higher and higher, my sister went to use the chemical toilet. As soon as she unclipped the lid, it exploded. She came out of the caravan like a cartoon figure - blue from head to foot and wailing.

That’s just a clever rouse to make you undercut and win the tender by a little bit, meanwhile they will submit the real tender which is much cheaper. Ha ha
This tende
Picking tomatoes in Queensland Australia and the guv'nor asked me if I could drive. Thrilled at the chance to escape the actual picking - which was the most back-breaking work I've ever done - I took over as the trailerman, driving a tractor and trailer round the fields to pick up the buckets. The whole articulated business took some getting used to - when you reverse, you have to turn in the opposite direction, then bring the steering wheel back at just the right point. I thought I'd got the hang of it, till midway thru' the afternoon, when the boss turned up just in time to see me reverse the trailer and clip one of the roof supports by the loading bay. Back to the buckets :cry:
Done that reversing.
On my forward motion across a field I really felt the tractor pick up speed. Greattttt.
Then I looked behind and my flatbed trailer with all the guys on was 100 yards behind. I had bumped the hook on a furrow and unhooked it.

Dave7

Legendary Member
On our first foreign caravanning holiday when we were kids, my dad decided to take us up the Alps. On one of the frequent breaks to let the engine cool down as we climbed higher and higher, my sister went to use the chemical toilet. As soon as she unclipped the lid, it exploded. She came out of the caravan like a cartoon figure - blue from head to foot and wailing.
Going back 65 years our Dad booked a Shed cottage in Wales for a week. Outside smelly chemical toilet.
I still recall the bloke warning us......a previous client was sat on it for a No2, smoking......and dropped his fag end down, only to end up in hospital

Top Bottom