Stupid woman Vent...!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

akb

Veteran
Really enjoyed the first part of my commute this morning until I met a stupid woman in a Red Fiesta at the Sandy RDB. I was in a strong primary going through the RDB. She looked STRAIGHT AT ME and then pulled out right in front of me. I managed to stay up right after hard braking with the rear wheel pulling a bit of a slide in the surface water on the road. I was about a foot away from hitting her drivers side door. Stupid bint.
She then takes the first exit, the same as me, and then slams on the breaks whilst approaching a speed hump. Cue expletives from me. Im not usually one for having a go at stupid motorists; just brush it off with silly mistakes. But to make 2 stupid moves in the space of 30 seconds just really got to me.
What is it with some people!? Grrr....!

BSRU

A Human Being
She probably looked straight through you or just thought you were only doing 5mph, obviously bicycles cannot go very fast:tongue: .

Reactions: akb
How far down the road was you when she hit the brakes for the speed hump? Because it sounds like you may have been following to closely?

As for the pull out - shoot happens. good job on not hitting the side of the vehicle.

OP
OP
akb

akb

Veteran
How far down the road was you when she hit the brakes for the speed hump? Because it sounds like you may have been following to closely?
I was following too closely, correct...purely from the fact she had pulled out on me. This is the RBD exit: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&tab=wl (i hope this works)
The road layout has changed slightly, there is now a speed hump/ped crossing which joins the central res'.

Camrider

I was following too closely, correct...purely from the fact she had pulled out on me.

Surely the fact that someone has already pulled off one stupid move, should make you treat them with a bit more caution, rather than act recklessly to prove a point. After all you are the one who will feel the pain.

OP
OP
akb

akb

Veteran
Didnt work; oh well.
There was no need for her to stamp on the break at the speed hump, she had just pulled out onto the RDB and took the first exit off. She must have been doing 10mph max at this point!

OP
OP
akb

akb

Veteran
Surely the fact that someone has already pulled off one stupid move, should make you treat them with a bit more caution, rather than act recklessly to prove a point. After all you are the one who will feel the pain.

Totally agree.
Although in this particular situatuon I didnt have a choice. To enable me to pull back would have meant harder breaking, which would have kicked my rear wheel out as it was already slipping from beneath me. The speed hump is right at the exit of the RDB.

you're right the word Woman is unnecessary

If a cat caused the issue and he referred to it as "a stupid cat" there would be no issue. The OP is not implying a negative connotation to woman he is just stating a fact , it was a woman who caused the issue.In fact the OP goes as far to state "what is with some people".

If he had gone off with all female motorist are stupid there is an issue.

Top Bottom