Stupidest Fads ever

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
G

Greedo

Not a big fan of 4x4's but to be fair the roaring noise is really just the engine. Same as a Aston Martins, ferrarri's and the like. Does sound like them showing off but it's not.

Another fad that was stupid was those denim jackets with the cartoons on them.

dodgy said:
Not exactly fads, but things that annoy me.

• Gerrt big shiney black Range Rovers with impossibly big blingy wheels with rubber band tyres around them. Why do they always roar off at traffic lights? Am I supposed to be impressed?
End.

GrahamG

Guru
Greedo said:
Barbered wire tattoos

LOL - I've been taking the piss out of my brother for that since 1996, and there's still years of mileage left in it.

I'll ignore the tribal bit as I've got a bit of that dating back to the same period :biggrin:

OP
OP
G

Greedo

jassy-x said:
....aw come on Mr P....fitba'....a fad.????:bicycle:

exactly. This is a fad thread. One in which you remember stupid fads that came and went. football is not a fad and should be placed in the "cycle chat room 101" thread. :biggrin:

Mr Phoebus

I was going to say 'stretch limos' but then I remembered the time a stretched Humvee went past me with six lovely women in the back all flashing their boobs at me. ;)

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Mr Phoebus said:
...with six lovely women in the back all flashing their boobs at me. ;)
How very irresponsible of them. I hope you got their details so you could remonstrate with them later about distractions on the road being dangerous etc.

Mr Phoebus

John the Monkey said:
How very irresponsible of them. I hope you got their details so you could remonstrate with them later about distractions on the road being dangerous etc.
I was too busy laffin' and giving the 'thumbs up!' xx(
What's the betting they all had acute angina as well. ;)

Mr Pig

jassy-x said:
....aw come on Mr P....fitba'....a fad.????;)

Wishful thinking I guess. Just pee'd off because my youngest son likes it, which means I have to waste a day taking him to the Scotland match on Saturday :0(

But really, it is stupid and pointless don't you think?

LLB

dodgy said:
Not exactly fads, but things that annoy me.

• Celebrities - why?
  • Any tv show that has gone past its sell by date, so the producers revamp it by putting 'celebrity' in front of it.
  • Antisocial behaviour
  • Chavs
  • Motorists that have made a mistake and then try and pin it on you by saying "you don't even pay road tax" and not accepting the blame.
  • Gerrt big shiney black Range Rovers with impossibly big blingy wheels with rubber band tyres around them. Why do they always roar off at traffic lights? Am I supposed to be impressed?
End.

I saw a Hummer last year at a set of lights with what looked like 23"+ rims and 50 profile tyres (about 2" between the rim and the road :biggrin:)

I understand why they get lower profile tyres, but if you want a car which handles well, don't get a 4x4.

Mine has 15" rims and 31" tyres (8" high sidewalls) and although it makes the steering fairly vague, it does mean that you can drive over fairly big lumps and bumps without the risk it will puncture the tyre, or damage the rim (like a proper off roader should)

The roar away from the lights is probably because it is such a heavy car, you have to rev it hard to match the acceleration of the other traffic.

jassy-x

Mr Pig said:
Wishful thinking I guess. Just pee'd off because my youngest son likes it, which means I have to waste a day taking him to the Scotland match on Saturday :0(

But really, it is stupid and pointless don't you think?
...think my previous comment was misunderstood Mr P...
..I'm actually Fitba' daft as they say..(or just plain daft ??)..canny wait for Saturday...:biggrin:

LLB

Dayvo said:
Teenage lads wearing their jeans' with the waistline around their thighs.

Teenage lads wearing their gang 'colours' bandanas.

Teenage lads wearing baseball caps with the peak sticking out to the side.

It is known as 'Sagging' and it originates from the prisons in the states where they had their belts taken off them as they are a suicide risk.

Cool role models eh :evil:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
LLB said:
It is known as 'Sagging' and it originates from the prisons in the states where they had their belts taken off them as they are a suicide risk.

Cool role models eh :evil:

I thought they all wore boiler suits with little arrows on them:wacko:

Top Bottom