Sub £500 folder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If folding isn't critical and import duties aren't too steep you could consider a Bikes Direct mini velo at 292 pounds. It has a wide gear range, uses standard parts, has a chromo frame and the large size has a 934 cm wheelbase. I have one and I find it fun to ride and the frame is sturdy. I did repack the wheels and headset and grease the BB, since for some reason they skimp on grease. I have the large size and I am 5'8". The steering is twitchy like most small wheel, short wheelbase bikes but after a few miles I got used to it. Mine has SPDs, a leather saddle and bullhorn and a different stem than Stockard it feels lighter than my Brompton with the same saddle and a 3 speed hub. With the short wheelbase and low gearing it climbs very well. View attachment 570456

Ohh I love a mini bike:okay: Here is mine. Sorry to the OP for the thread diversion, I would say that mini bikes are easy to store under a bed if you are short of space.

smoothhound.jpg

12boy

Guru
Check out your wheel and headset bearings and possibly grease the bottom bracket threads. The last 2 Chinese bikes I got were put together ok but used only a dab of some Vaseline type grease.

Top Bottom