Suburban Breakout 100km (London)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nick1979

Yep, will do the 100km as well, it would be nice to meet a few forumers there!!
It will be my first long ride on my new road bike so I hope everything will go well :-)

OP
OP
Y

yello

So did you ride Nick? It was a warm day and a very well attended event with around 75 riders. Also quicker than normal, with half the field back in under 4 1/2 hrs.

I did a few extra km because, despite knowing the route, managed to miss a turn! :wacko:

Nick1979

Yes I did and it was brilliant! The route was very nice, not too hard but with a few serious hill to keep us busy and virtually no traffic when we were clear of London. I recommend it to all Londoners!

The day was hot and I suffered a bit in the last 10km, several punctures in the group I was riding with made us arrive quite late but it was a nice day!

I saw a few of you guys on fixies, hat off to you, I'm really impressed given how I struggled on my geared, light, carbon bike :-) Which one were you?
I was wearing a white jersey, on a black/celeste Bianchi with matching helmet!

OP
OP
Y

yello

I may have seen you just before the start Nick. Well, the bike at least - I was admiring it as it went past. I'm afraid I didn't pay too much attention to the rider!

I think there were maybe 6 or 8 fixeds - I was on the pompino. I don't know if you noticed the guy riding about a 90" gear! Respect! I hauled myself up Carbone Hill on 70 but doubt I could have done it on anything bigger.

Top Bottom