Subuteo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevenb

I had the Cricket game too....cool:smile:.
You could hit the ball out of the ground quite easily with a fast bowl....:evil:

Tetedelacourse

There was a boy in my year at school who represented Scotland at Subbuteo. He was in the paper cos he got his finger insured, no joke.

My Dad bought me a set at a jumble sale but I was gutted to find out it was a rugby version. It had a big rugby ball shaped thing for a scrum and you dropped the ball in the top and it came out of one of several holes all round the bottom of it. Crap.

I can still hear the crunch of standing on a rogue player who'd made it to the carpet.

QuickDraw

Tetedelacourse said:
There was a boy in my year at school who represented Scotland at Subbuteo. He was in the paper cos he got his finger insured, no joke.

I vaguely remember hearing about that. I remember thinking "Aye very good but I bet he's rubbish with the ball at his feet."

I never understood the point of Subbuteo. My brother had a set and games usually lasted about 5 minutes until we remembered how rubbish it is compared to the real thing and went outside to play 7-by's (I've never had to write that before so I've no idea how to spell it.)

col

Legendary Member
My mate had one,and was very good at it,i used to try,but i was crap.Iv noticed the game isnt the same now is it?different figures and different way of controling?

col

Legendary Member
Arch said:
And of course, you all know the connection between the game and a British bird of prey?

Nope?:evil:

Top Bottom