Suffer from Back Pain?

Do You Suffer from Back Pain?

• No

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I used to suffer regularly from back pain until I paid a visit to an Osteopath. I'm more aware of my back now and can tell when it's poised to give I gyp and so I head it off by doing my excercises. Many folk's backs improve with age, my Ma's certainly did.

Dave5N

Über Member
That's because you are an intense serious person.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
...there are many other aspects of our lives than can cause such pain ...such as poor positioning when lifting, sitting etc...even poor shoe support...I wear big hiking boots all the time off th ebike with arch inserts as this stops the back pain. On the bike I rare get back pain.

OP
OP
JtB

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
Some very interesting and helpful comments here - thanks all. :ohmy:

I'm not sure what caused my bad back, the first I remember was about 15 years ago when I went up north for a week's walking and by the end of the week I was limping badly with a pain in my hip area. From then onwards I've suffered back pain (on and off) which I can manage with the help of the odd trip to the osteopath. I've had x-rays and there's not really an identifiable cause other than my lifestyle (too many hours sat at a desk and not enough exercise). I don't think cycling makes makes my back any worse (although my back does get stiff after about 40 mins cycling), but I've learnt that cycling alone does not keep my back from ceasing up and that I need to combine cycling with other exercises (in my case walking and swimming). Anyway, since returning to cycling my BMI has dropped from 27.8 (high end of overweight) to 24 (ideal weight) and I feel much better generally, so there's no way I'm giving up cycling now. ;)

peanut

Kirstie said:
The problem I have with my back as a result is that the muscles around damaged vertebrae tend to spasm, which causes all kinds of pain to radiate into my back and shoulders. Oh well.

thats the worst kind of pain isn't it. I was very lucky my spasms lasted about 3 months and since then I rarely get them thank god. I remember I used to scream with the pain :eek:
I found Volterol helped a lot with reducing the inflamation but it has taken me nearly 4 years to learn to walk again. Glad to hear you are able to cycle again

Top Bottom