England : Suffolk Suffolk Sunrise 2013 - rough roll call?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
So this year's Suffolk Sunrise sportive takes place on Sunday 12th May.

Http://www.action.org.uk/suffolk_sunrise_100

Who is up for signing up this year? I've heard a lot of good things about this ride and am almost certain that I'll be registering when I get get paid.

Who is planning to do which route? I'm interested in getting a reasonable (17-18mph) average speed on the 102 mile route, but that's all very easy for me to say as I'm sat here in my PJs eating Christmas leftover biscuits!

SimonJKH

Blue collar cyclist
Pretty sure I'll give it a bash. Although something more in the 14-15mph will do me!

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
I was alerted to this by a female cyclist out training for an Ironman – she was determined to catch me up after I’d over-taken her, but, hey, that’s the competitive spirit. Done some research and I’m extremely interested. (Having hooked up with a trio of riders as they went through Woodbridge the other day, and discovered the wonderful delights of slipstreaming in a group, 17-18 mph would be a breeze.)

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I was alerted to this by a female cyclist out training for an Ironman – she was determined to catch me up after I’d over-taken her, but, hey, that’s the competitive spirit. Done some research and I’m extremely interested. (Having hooked up with a trio of riders as they went through Woodbridge the other day, and discovered the wonderful delights of slipstreaming in a group, 17-18 mph would be a breeze.)

Excellent, I'm planning to register over the next few days.

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
That would be great - roof rack? - as I've just signed up for the Champion Route. (That's Sundays taken care of as I build up to my target!)

I have the choice of a friend's van or a three bike tailgate rack. Might be giving Matt a lift too.

e-rider

crappy member
Too expensive, otherwsie I would. Did it two years ago. Organisation was rubbish but the route was good, except the start/finish area.

mattobrien

Guru
I should be in / up for it. Organisation was good last year, with a good start and finish area.

I will get this booked up once I have been paid (this week).

A 17-18 mph pace sounds very reasonable and if there are a few of us, we can share some time in the wind.

Given the option, I would prefer an earlier start, maybe around 7am.

I can see that a trip to the pub to discuss it all might be in order.the Vic in Earl Soham is nice and only 15 miles away, making it a nice ride there and back, or there is always the Fat Cat if more beer consumption is required.

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I should be in / up for it. Organisation was good last year, with a good start and finish area.

I will get this booked up once I have been paid (this week).

A 17-18 mph pace sounds very reasonable and if there are a few of us, we can share some time in the wind.

Given the option, I would prefer an earlier start, maybe around 7am.

I can see that a trip to the pub to discuss it all might be in order.the Vic in Earl Soham is nice and only 15 miles away, making it a nice ride there and back, or there is always the Fat Cat if more beer consumption is required.

Yes to all of that.

I've decided I'm going to sign up for the charity option.

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
You are talking my language, sir! Either pub would suffice.

Top Bottom