England : Suffolk Suffolk Sunrise 2013 - rough roll call?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I shall have to bail on this one as I have a few bits to sort out for my day off tomorrow

mattobrien

Guru
I shall have to bail on this one as I have a few bits to sort out for my day off tomorrow
I thought you were still oop North with work (the joys of digital stalking), so hadn't expected you to make an appearance, but unwittingly forgot to include you in the reminder. Apologies.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I thought you were still oop North with work (the joys of digital stalking), so hadn't expected you to make an appearance, but unwittingly forgot to include you in the reminder. Apologies.

No worries, I got back last night. I am doing this sponsored 12 hour spin bike session tomorrow :wacko: and need to sort out a bit of food etc for it tonight so will be pre occupied

mattobrien

Guru
I am doing this sponsored 12 hour spin bike session tomorrow :wacko: and need to sort out a bit of food etc for it tonight

Have you seen the size of the scotch eggs they do at the Fat Cat, come along and buy a couple of them. Bet you won't be able to get through them both during you 12 hour spin session :ohmy:

SimonJKH

Blue collar cyclist
No worries, I got back last night. I am doing this sponsored 12 hour spin bike session tomorrow :wacko: and need to sort out a bit of food etc for it tonight so will be pre occupied

My wife Marianne is doing part of that spin session. I'll tell her to say hello!

Reactions: 4F
OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Well that was windy! No matter how much I thrashed myself and stuck with the fast chaps on fancy TT (I.E for 30 seconds) Jon and Simon were always MILES ahead of me!

So what was my moving average? No idea, my Holux GPS crapped out at 85 miles. Not pleased.

mattobrien

Guru
If you didn't record it, it doesn't count...

Well done.

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I tried to rescue the GPS data and it said average of 16.7mph, so it has factored in the 30 minutes I spent at the first feed stop, the half hour for lunch and the 20 minutes at the last feed stop doing back exercises. So gutted as I really gave it the beans today! Time to look at upgrading to a Garmin methinks.

Rezillo

TwoSheds
First time for five years that I haven't done the 100 but I did not get the distance training in during March and April. I learnt a lesson from last year where the same thing happened training-wise but I went for it anyway and then hit a wall at 80 miles and slowed to a crawl while Matt and GordonB disappeared into the distance. Even walked a hill up the side of the Waveney valley.

Anyway, today I drove along part of the intermediate route and a number of people had missed a turning at the Sweffling White Horse and were taking a bit of a short cut to Framlingham. The were several others off-route elsewhere for all three of the distances.

mattobrien

Guru
@Andrew_Culture are you sure about your average speed? Judging by your certificate, I make your total average (including breaks) a little over 6mph - I know it was windy, but seriously, were you jogging :whistle:

certificate-andrew_culture_suffolk_sunrise_2013.jpg

All I'll say, is that it is a good job that the certificates are 100% accurate and cannot be downloaded with any details in them for comedy purposes...

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
@Andrew_Culture are you sure about your average speed? Judging by your certificate, I make your total average (including breaks) a little over 6mph - I know it was windy, but seriously, were you jogging :whistle:

certificate-andrew_culture_suffolk_sunrise_2013.jpg

I did the entire ride as a wheelie!

All I'll say, is that it is a good job that the certificates are 100% accurate and cannot be downloaded with any details in them for comedy purposes...

Top Bottom