England : Suffolk Suffolk Sunrise 2013 - rough roll call?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod

SimonJKH

Blue collar cyclist
Well, I've finished sulking/licking my wounds, and can almost look at my bike without swearing. Three punctures and a cleat failure was just too much stress for me, and I spent the second half of the hundred way too tense to enjoy myself. Thanks to Andrew and Jon for the support and company at the start, when I was feeling a bit nervous. I might do one of these again some time...

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
Well, overall I enjoyed myself. But I think it's fair to say that while I consider the first 85 miles were for me, but the last fifteen were for the charity. When you barely register the fantastic view of a medieval castle, you know you're batlling a bit of a headwind ...
SuffolkSunrise2013.jpg

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Well, I've finished sulking/licking my wounds, and can almost look at my bike without swearing. Three punctures and a cleat failure was just too much stress for me, and I spent the second half of the hundred way too tense to enjoy myself. Thanks to Andrew and Jon for the support and company at the start, when I was feeling a bit nervous. I might do one of these again some time...

Oh dear that does not sound good, you can console yourself in the thought that when Mrs SimonKJH came for her hour at the spinathon it was me sitting on the instructors seat barking instructions to the rest ^_^

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod

Oh no! I had cleat trouble too, was yours after I saw you in Blythborough?

SimonJKH

Blue collar cyclist
Oh no! I had cleat trouble too, was yours after I saw you in Blythborough?

After that. I got to the last food stop and found I couldn't unclip my right foot. I had neither the tools nor the temperament to do anything about it, so I just thought "F it. I'll do the rest of the ride without getting off my bike."

SimonJKH

Blue collar cyclist
Oh dear that does not sound good, you can console yourself in the thought that when Mrs SimonKJH came for her hour at the spinathon it was me sitting on the instructors seat barking instructions to the rest ^_^

Yes, she described you peddling, and I quote, "like an absolute nutter" :laugh:

Reactions: 4F
OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
After that. I got to the last food stop and found I couldn't unclip my right foot. I had neither the tools nor the temperament to do anything about it, so I just thought "F it. I'll do the rest of the ride without getting off my bike."

Oh no! I asked the mechanic at the last stop for a cleat bolt but he didn't have any, then I witnessed him explode someone's tyre!

mattobrien

Guru
@Andrew_Culture if you ride with pedals and cleats that are older than you are what do you expect ;-)

Have you managed to source a more conventional handlebar? I'll happily help you cock up its fitting and make a mess of your bar tape.

Had my first ride back today, tried to take it easy but some how managed to average 19.4 and bag one KoM...

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Well it turns out I probably did the damage the week before but it felt fine by the time of the ride so I forgot about it. Now I can't go down stairs properly! I've been told to rest it up for a few days, but that will be a challenge with a toddler in the house!

Top Bottom