Suggestion - Lady Cyclists Section?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
It just seems to me that a prominent thread on women's issues in NACA is stalling because it is becoming men v women, or at least perceived to be. This is 2021 and the issue of violence against women is an important and current one. My wife had a look at the thread and said, as a woman, she wouldn't touch it because of the toxic attitudes on display by some men and some women.

Yes, this is a cycling forum but it doesn't exist in a vacuum. Maybe a "Safe Space" would allow women cyclists to discuss these important issues freely and openly.

Of course, I'm not the one to say if it's needed or not but I thought it was worth raising either as a forum where only women could see it or where all could see it but only women could post.

the women on CC would probably be able to have a very heated err discussion between themselves with or without men joining in, and discussions would stall even faster as there are so few women, so its a lose lose situation.

I think the woke brigade have already scuppered this.
If there was to be a women only section then no men would be allowed in there, either posting or viewing. Regular moderation would be needed to ensure that the Me2 brigade were not upset in any way.
But, to avoid problems with equal opportunities legislation there would have to be a corresponding Men Only section. This too would have to be regularly moderated to ensure that only males could post, or visit. Who is going to moderate all that?
Then we have the ever so fashionable trans brigade. Where would their section be, and who would be allowed into it. And how do you prove that you are male/female/male wanting to be female/female wanting to be male or a member of any other politically correct minority interest group.

The forum would collapse under the weight of hipsters and Karens and their self interested demands.
Dr. Edgar prescribes forty reps of your nearest big climb, to give you some peace from the worms infesting your brain with culture war bollocks.

Tongsheng

Tongsheng
I think the woke brigade have already scuppered this.
If there was to be a women only section then no men would be allowed in there, either posting or viewing. Regular moderation would be needed to ensure that the Me2 brigade were not upset in any way.
But, to avoid problems with equal opportunities legislation there would have to be a corresponding Men Only section. This too would have to be regularly moderated to ensure that only males could post, or visit. Who is going to moderate all that?
Then we have the ever so fashionable trans brigade. Where would their section be, and who would be allowed into it. And how do you prove that you are male/female/male wanting to be female/female wanting to be male or a member of any other politically correct minority interest group.

The forum would collapse under the weight of hipsters and Karens and their self interested demands.
I couldnt agree more. It seems to me like some of these so called minority groups with their calls for equality wont be happy unless their in the special category. As for their, for them only categories and safe spaces, I cant see some of them being happy until they get full segregation. How things are perceived is another one. How things are and could be perceived are being weaponised. Yes Women should be able to feel safe walking down the street. Everbody should feel safe walking down the street or in their homes but weaponising it for political point scoring by the liberal hard left and the main stream media is disgraceful. In the week all these people were protesting and wanting to put us men under curfew. Of course no mention of Emma-Jayne Magson who was just given a life sentence with a recommendation to serve 17 years who tortured and killed her boyfriend during lockdown. You would think the Media would be all over that but not a peep as it would hurt their narrative. Besides their too busy brainwashing the sheeple. The media are not your friend, and people are slowly but surely waking up to the fact. Anyway before all you trolls and haters get your knickers in a twist and call me a far right knuckle dragging racist, dont waste your time. I do love highlighting hypocrisy and I'm used to it. My opinions are my own and if some people dont agree with what im saying you will have to deal with it because I have a right to share my opinions and to be honest, I dont care

I couldnt agree more. It seems to me like some of these so called minority groups with their calls for equality wont be happy unless their in the special category. As for their, for them only categories and safe spaces, I cant see some of them being happy until they get full segregation. How things are perceived is another one. How things are and could be perceived are being weaponised. Yes Women should be able to feel safe walking down the street. Everbody should feel safe walking down the street or in their homes but weaponising it for political point scoring by the liberal hard left and the main stream media is disgraceful. In the week all these people were protesting and wanting to put us men under curfew. Of course no mention of Emma-Jayne Magson who was just given a life sentence with a recommendation to serve 17 years who tortured and killed her boyfriend during lockdown. You would think the Media would be all over that but not a peep as it would hurt their narrative. Besides their too busy brainwashing the sheeple. The media are not your friend, and people are slowly but surely waking up to the fact. Anyway before all you trolls and haters get your knickers in a twist and call me a far right knuckle dragging racist, dont waste your time. I do love highlighting hypocrisy and I'm used to it. My opinions are my own and if some people dont agree with what im saying you will have to deal with it because I have a right to share my opinions and to be honest, I dont care
I was going to prescribe 40 reps of Kinnoull Hill (as in feckinnoull) but I think Necessity Brae would be more appropriate.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
We should rename this place CycleChan.

OP
OP
Joey Shabadoo

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Seriously though, men can't challenge some feminists. Only women can do that and they can't do that in spaces where men are reacting.

Rocky

Hello decadence
Seriously though, men can't challenge some feminists. Only women can do that and they can't do that in spaces where men are reacting.
I don't have any problems challenging any one - but it helps if you start with an open mind, a preparedness to see other's views, and some evidence to back up your arguments. From reading your posts over the years, I suspect you are the same. Some on here, aren't.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Don't have any problem with a "women only section" (or a men only section), but...

If the objective is to increase harmony and integration, how will separation help?, isn't that the "apartheid approach" ?

Given CC is an online forum, how will gender be "policed" ?

It just seems to me that a prominent thread on women's issues in NACA is stalling because it is becoming men v women, or at least perceived to be. This is 2021 and the issue of violence against women is an important and current one. My wife had a look at the thread and said, as a woman, she wouldn't touch it because of the toxic attitudes on display by some men and some women.

Yes, this is a cycling forum but it doesn't exist in a vacuum. Maybe a "Safe Space" would allow women cyclists to discuss these important issues freely and openly.

Of course, I'm not the one to say if it's needed or not but I thought it was worth raising either as a forum where only women could see it or where all could see it but only women could post.
Frankly I would not hang my coat on a single thread titled Jenny Jones #curfewformen. Rather than a collaborative approach to seek a solution it started out with highly divisive title. If it had the title "Stop the violence against Women" or "Not another Sarah Everard Please" it would have set a better tone.

On a pro rata basis, my guess is that women members are contributing effectively and engaging in many topics. In fact the women contributions in NACA, supposedly "toxic " is much higher than elsewhere.

I am aware that in some forums women have deliberately disguised their gender to avoid bias. Personally I thought CC is a lot more welcoming.

What we need is a wider spectrum of political views - left, right, moderates etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom