Suggestions for a locked down 60th birthday on a miserable November day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
i don't think the former Mrs Accy will be sending me birthday wishes.:rolleyes:

1605442655984.png

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Yes,nothing like being positive eh!:smile: It's my 60th birthday tomorrow. The middle of November is always wet,grey and miserable..well it usually is on my birthday,but there's added misery this year with not being able to do feck all! What can i do to celebrate or commemorate the event?🤔
Happy birthday @Accy cyclist. Hope you managed to enjoy it.

Co-incidentally, I am in exactly the same position. I've never really made anything of my milestone birthdays as - well as you know - mid November is definitely a case of being at the back of the queue when birthdays were handed out. This year, being my 60th in a few days, I had other plans. I wanted to lay on a big spread for my cycle club mates and other friends and family. I was hoping to lay something on for about 30 people at my local. Sod all chance of that though. That has been obvious since March.

An old friend from my school days in Birmingham was about to come down for a bike ride just before Lockdown 2 to drop off a prezzie. He cancelled at the last minute, and it turns out he's been in hospital with covid, sucking on an oxygen tank ever since. Just shows what could have happened.

My missus is making sure the big day won't be a complete non-event by ordering the home delivery of a meal from my favourite Greek restaurant on the day. I shall count my blessings and just accept this all as just one of those things. You can only play the cards you have been dealt. I'll make sure I get a bike ride in too.

Top Bottom