Suggestions for full sus at around £1500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Patthedog

Just got some inheritance money so I'm going to treat myself to a new mtb. I do mainly trails and jumps and just wondering what heads recommend for my budget. I want something that looks nice, show offy, p*ss my friends off etc.

Thanks.

subaqua

What’s the point

Drago

Legendary Member
Trance X4. If sheer ability is your priority then you simply won't get a more capable full squidger at that price. Double bonus, it uses the same frame as the X0 o you're not being short changed on quality, and as parts wear out you can slowly up-spec it. A good bike to grow in to.

Indeed, Giant have just knocked a further £100 off the RRP so you'll have some cash left over for a new lid.

same position, & budget as op, I had more or less settled on a cube ams 130, or merida, but the canyon would seem to blow both of these out the water !!
cheers Cubist nice one :dance:

Just got some inheritance money so I'm going to treat myself to a new mtb. I do mainly trails and jumps and just wondering what heads recommend for my budget. I want something that looks nice, show offy, p*ss my friends off etc.

Thanks.
Are you really into jumps and trails, which one do you do more? I ask because it'll be tricky to find a bike that does both well. A lot of the bikes mentioned are great trail bikes, but would not make great jump bikes (too steep head tube angle, lack of travel, etc)

For example a Giant Trance would make a great trail bike, but a Giant Reign may be better if you prefer to jump rather than just ride trails.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Still an awesome bike but the OP mentions jumps and trails, which is why I would t necessarily put a 120mm Boardman first on the list. A FS xc bike though, yep, still one to consider

Cubist

Still wavin'
Build your own?
To come within budget you'd need to source used parts, if not a bargain donor bike.

Have a check on the OnOne website. They were doing a heavily discounted 160mm el Guapo with a Cane Creek DB shock for 500. The rest you'll have to source secondhand to stay under £1500 I reckon.

Dan151

My boardman is only 120mm and its flys over jumps and drop offs :smile: saying that for 1500 quid get a mondraker tracker r

Top Bottom