Suggestions for route London to Morrocco?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jane-o

Hello,

Any suggestions for the best route through France and Spain to get to Morrocco? Ideally fairly direct, but trying to keep it as beautiful as possible... and finding the best way over the Pyrenese.

Thank you!

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Jane-o said:
Hello,

Any suggestions for the best route through France and Spain to get to Morrocco? Ideally fairly direct, but trying to keep it as beautiful as possible... and finding the best way over the Pyrenese.

Thank you!

If you are considering doing this on a bike, I suggest that you modify your posting in the other forum where you asked folk to recommend a bike. It will radically alter the recommendations from others - a racing bike might not be first choice.....

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Hi Jane-o, I know nothing of Spain but I have a route for the Channel to the Med (Caen to Montpellier) that a friend has sent me. If you're interested then PM me your email address and I'll send it over. It's too big a pdf to load on here.
cheers, Rich

friedel

When will you be going? If it's not too cold, try and go inland in Spain. Avoid the Mediterranean coast through Barcelona and south to Malaga. We really enjoyed Pamplona, all of Portugal and the far southwest coast of Spain (sherry country). You can get a ferry from Tarifa to Tangiers.

andym

Über Member
There are some great cities to visit in the Spanish Extremadura - eg Salamanca, Mérida. Though equally Lisbon is worth anyone's time. If you have a bike with reasonably wide tyres you could consider going south along the Vía de la Plata (an ancient route from Sevilla to, IIRC, Ourense).

the only problem with the western option is you can't route via Córdoba and Granada. But you could hole up near Sevilla and then go on the train.

Top Bottom