Suggestions please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
If it was me, I would phone ahead and give the card details for the meal and reservation, explaining the situation and try and blag a free bottle of wine/beer etc.
Or you could give me your card details,and i will sort everything out after i have settled our family holiday to Orlando.

Or you could give me your card details,and i will sort everything out after i have settled our family holiday to Orlando.

Of course @postman, I presume you are of African origin with poor English skills and you believe I have an inheritance due from the Lord Africa but I need to pay for your holiday to release the money which will make me a multimillionaire! It's a risk I am willing to take so here is the longer number 1234 1234 1234 1234.

Look at this way @screenman, traditionally the brides parents contribute the most towards the wedding so you paying for a meal is a cheeky way of saying thanks!

Do not sneakily go and pay. Offer to pay for this one and accept tge in laws may have their own ideas. A pushy inlaw who insists or sneakily pays may not go down well with the other side of the famiy as however honourable the intentions, it is still a statement and a position you are unilaterally deciding and not even giving the others a chance.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
At the end of the meal, go to the bog, and as you do so, say to the waiter "They're paying", pointing out the future in-laws :okay:

I get this with my partners dad all the time. He will pay the bill without asking me about it first. I cannot tell you how much this pisses me off. I have, with his other daughters husband resorted to heading him off at the pass, by paying the bill behind is back the last 3 times we've all been out. Its like an arms race.
If I were you, I would say something along the lines off I am so pleased....nice girl...making of him....how would you feel about this being my treat....
nice problem to have BTW

Top Bottom