Suicidal Derailleur

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Graham

On road bikes with drop handlebars, most pro's are indeed running with alu, even when there is a carbon option available, there is no need for carbon here. Take Zipp for example, they offer a number of carbon bars but the pro's tedn to choose the Service Course SL line of bars which is aluminium. They also take the matching stem vs the SL 142 carbon beast or the other carbon offerings.

Carbon versions are used extensively on the TT bike handlebars but these do not need to be as robust, weight limits can be approached differently and carbon allows a significant degree of "sculpting" to get an aero shape, so it makes sense to use it here. But on a road bike, carbon offers very little benefit in this context.

I don't know who uses carbon road bars, probably sportive riders and maybe some triathletes.

Interesting stuff. I've always assume the pros go for whatever is lightest and to hell with the danger (slight exaggeration on my part!). Is there anything else they refuse to use?

Psycolist

NINJA BYKALIST
P1010352.JPG

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
O M G ingeneous or wot

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Interesting stuff. I've always assume the pros go for whatever is lightest and to hell with the danger (slight exaggeration on my part!). Is there anything else they refuse to use?

There is a minimum weight limit allowed, thus there is little point in choosing the lightest stuff for every component.

Top Bottom